SLU women's basketball clinic on Saturday, October 29 @

OrlandoStewart

Shimmy is sure doing a hell of a lot better job of promoting the program than Jill pIzzotti ever did. By the way Pizzotti is working for Nike, through a source of mine she said "SLU did her wrong". What an idiot

SLU women's basketball will host a coaching clinic on Saturday, October 29 @ Saint Louis University High School. The clinic will include on-court demonstartions, as well as a women's team practice under the direction of their new head coach, Shimmy Gray. Clinic will be as follows from 9:00am to 11:00am:

Marlene Stollings (SLU Asst. who played at Ohio State and is all-time leading scorer in Ohio H.S. history, men or women) - Guard Shooting Workout;

Shimmy Gray (developed 3 all-americans in the PAC-10 as an assistant at Arizona and Washington) - Post Player Development:

Gary Glasscock (guided Metro H.S. to Missouri Class 2A runner-up finish in 2005) - transition offense:

Jay Harrington (Head Men's Coach at Southwestern Illinois Community College. A member of the Junior College Hall of Fame and USA Basketball) - Half-court disruption Defense.

11:00am to 11:30 am- Lunch

11:30am to 1:30 pm- SLU Women's Practice

$25.00 includes clinic, lunch, and gift.

Call 314.977.3180 for registration form and further information

imo, while the harrington girl shows good floor decision making and poise for a sophomore, she is just too little. here's hoping she has a growth spurt.

for my money on the girls side of high school hoops, and i have to pick a metro east sophomore, i'll take teresa lisch's running mate, alisha goodwin. she is probably at least 3 inches taller and far far more athletic than morgan harrington. alisha wont be the point guard. but a better all around athlete imo with a much much higher ceiling.

Speaking of Shimmy, I was at a Blue Crwew meeting last night where she came out and urged the student body to come to the girls games this year as well. She stressed the emphasis of needing a home base of support because the lack of energy (in the last few years) for the Lady Bills works as an opponent. The mens and womens team were both there and they introduced themselves. All were very enthused and asked for support from the students. Great time overall.

One thing that the Colonial Army (GW's Blue Crew) has done is require that all Army Members go to 4 Women's Games this year.

They can actually enforce this because we are sold out of student seating. (GW is debating if they should expand the "Student Section" into some of Pay Seat areas) The rule is that you must go to four women's games by the end of Febuary. If you don't. You don't get admission to the final two home games (which are always the most packed, especially senior night).

GW and SLU are very comparable programs...When I first got to GW, I could walk in at the game right before tip and get great student seats. Now I am waiting 2 hours in line before the doors open. A little bit of Success does wonders.

Well the meeting was in Kelly Auditorium which prob holds about 200 or more people. There were a few people standing, but I know that there was other stuff going on last night so I don't think everyone was there. In my opinion to keep attendance up and increasing even we just need to win. When the players introduced themselves the locals got the biggest applause by far, especially for Lisch. He had the biggest cheering section out of everyone. So I truly believe things are going in the right direction. I was very impressed with Coach Gray. She was very enthusiastic and excited.

Hell, hse is a lot better than Pizzotti. Pizzotti sucked big time and I wasted my money buying season tickets but with Gray I thiink I will see a great improvment with the team.

Jill was a terrible coach and communicator. I heard she treated her staff like ######. THe one story that amazes me that Ihave heard was that she had her Graduate Assistant coach start showers for her after practice and get her oil changed in her car. Bascially, he was glorified *****. I couldn't believe that story when Iheard that. No wonder she had so much turnover in her staff. Thank god we have SHIMMY!