SLU v Creighton soccer

SLUBALLS

Creighton has been top 10 pre-season in every poll I have seen thus far. It should be a nice game for SLU.

According to SLU website notes...Wileman will not play due to injury...and the status of Spiess and Grazier remain uncertain due to injury.

On a side note...I did see quite a bit of the U.S. game last night...as most of the soccer folks know Brian McBride, SLU alum, scored a nice goal in the 2nd minute to win the game. John O'Brien played a terrific through ball to Bobby Convey who ran onto it and had a nice serve to Brian who one timed it in the corner after beating two defenders to the spot. McBride is now 5 goals from tying Eric Wynalda for all time U.S. lead. Good for Brian.

I hope one of you's will be watching at least some of the streamed game. I just got DSL and will get to watch a little in to the second half before I have to head off to coach a game.

Things I'm gonna look for:

1) obviously, love to see our starting line up and what formation they go with. Especially whether its a flat back four or diamond.

2) Dado

3) Forwards - can they create their own chances?

4) Defense - do we keep our shape during CU's attacks?

5) Without Wileman and Grazier, how do we battle in the middle?