Larry Hughes to try out for Indians??

Just got this over the AP wire at work and since everyone loves Larry, I though I'd throw this one in....

AP Sports Writer

CLEVELAND (AP) Yanks win in 9th...yes!

Notes:During the bottom of the sixth, New York’s Randy Johnson, armed with a dustpan and broom, assisted one of the bat boys in sweeping the dugout floor. ... In the press box, Hall of Famer Bob Feller browsed through this week’s profile about him in “Sports Illustrated.†... Newly acquired Cavaliers Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall threw out ceremonial first pitches. Hughes fired up an air ball, tossing his high over fill-in, 6-foot-7 catcher C.C. Sabathia’s head.

It is hard to think of Larry as anything but a super athlete and great basketball player but he never played any type of organized sport until 6th grade. He has only played basketball competitively. I am sure if he worked on a sport he would be good at it but seriously Larry has maybe played catch a handful of times in his life. This doesn't surprise me. If you don't do sports as a kid it is extremely difficult to work out the mechanics later as a teen or adult.

to say hughes pitch was over sabathia's head was an understatement. he hit the backstop on the fly!

we just missed his newsconference at "the Q" the newly named gund arena. the cleveland fans we talked to are extremely excited about larry being a cav.

schasz, it was one of our most whirlwind trips we have ever taken. i dont know what we were thinking.

we were actually at the rock n roll hof last saturday for a whole day. imo, you need at least a day especially if you have someone with you with similar music tastes. the interactive stuff (listening to songs from different artists, watching film, taped interviews, etc.) could be a day by itself and then there are three floors of memoriabilia. if you go schasz, in advance think about buying a membership. if you go more than one day, you will undoubtedly come ahead and if you take more than your wife with you, you get 2-1 coupons. you also get 10% off merchandise and food discounts. we did and ended up saving money, plus we got to go to the head of the line to get into the place as well. it was packed from the time we got there to when we left. a very popular attraction.

sunday and monday we were at cooperstown for the induction ceremony to this years hof class. we have no preference to boggs or sandberg, but we always thought if we went to cooperstown we would go when the induction was just to add to the event. glad we did as you could tell that the city was charged up. plus there were over 50 hof'ers there and that too added to the thrill. got to shake hands, get his autograph and get a picture with boyhood idol, orlando cepeda. the museum is everything we thought it would be. fantastic time there. again we bought a family membership in advance which over two days saved us money and time as again as a member you get to go to the head of the lines and get discounts as well. big caution for cooperstown though. the hof is it. there are few hotels and those that are there or are close for the induction weekend are sold out way in advance. we had to stay in syracuse which is a little less than 2 hours away one way. but most of that two hours is easy drive on tollway 90. btw, tollway 90 eats a whole in the pocketbook as well. since we headed to niagara falls next, i think we spent almost $100 on tolls for the week.

after cooperstown, as i stated above we went to niagara falls. i was actually surprised as niagara. i assumed it wouldnt be much. the river front by the falls is as beautiful of a place as i have ever been to. the falls are just spectacular and intimidating. i cant imagine that first pioneer coming through the woods and coming upon this. we stayed in canada which was the right thing to do. i dont think you can come close to the view on the american side. the trade off is the cost. besides getting hammered on the exchance rate, everything is extremely expensive. unless you are eating at wendy's everymeal, you will likely spend at least close to $100 per meal for a family of 4. and if you are looking for any atmosphere, you will likely double that. the big caution at niagara, ontario is up the hill from the river. after the first block, it is like you are walking through a county carnival. kind of tacky.

we then headed back to cleveland on thursday for the indians game. we got into town early afternoon and was considering going back to the rock and roll hof when we saw on the gund arena marquee, that they were having an open house to sell season tix. we went inside and that is when we found out we just missed the hughes press conference. got some good pics though with my son sitting in lebron james locker. that was kind of neat.

Roy,

It sounds like you had a great trip and did a number of things that are on my list of to dos. I am still a HUGE Rock and Roll fan and go to concerts all the time. We have some really neat intimate venues here besides the larger ones. The other night we were listening to a classic rock station coming home from my daughter's birthday and songs would spur me to ask the young adults Rock and Roll trivia. My son-in-law told me I should be a disc jockey with my knowledge.

The HOF induction was big time news here in Tampa with the local guy Wade Boggs getting inducted. I believe there were many people from our area that made the trip last weekend.

I cannot remember how many times I was on business trips to Buffalo in my A-B days and NEVER got to see Niagra Falls. Shari has seen it as a child but she wants to go again. I guess the neat time there is at night when you can see the Falls with the lights on.

the falls at night are a must. just make sure you are on the canadian side.

one add on cleveland. drove by the "the house of blues" on the way to our parking lot for the indians game. the marquee showed an awesome upcoming lineup for just the next week. hootie and blowfish, foreigner, hot tuna, pat benatar. my point is, when you finally make the trip, check the schedule for not only the hall of fame but for the house of blues. you and sherry might want to make your evening plans to include the house of blues.