Best Backcourts in HighSchool in the last 20 Years!

This is going to get BRoy going but my vote was for the 1988 duo of Althoff gaurds of Corey Cox and BC Perry. They both had quickness and defensive skills, and could shoot the ball. The team had a great year, but was hindered by no inside game and the lack of coaching. If my memory serves me right, the coach was an ex football player and lacked bball knowledge. I only saw them play twice but they lit up people that had big time careers. That was Laphonso Ellis's Senior year and he got all the pub which was well desrved but I can rember that Althoff was licking their chops to play them.

brad harriman sp? was the coach you are thinking of and your assessment is pretty much right on. not sure if i agree they were the best at althoff et alone the area. but perry and cox were very good. i would love to see them play 2 on 2 vs lisch and kenny nance for the althoff title. i would take jb jones and a motivated x price as well as a worthy opponent as well. and didnt alton in the mid 80's with larry smith have a fantastic duo? i cant remember his running mate though.

I'd probably go with McKinney and Polk in 2002, because they combined for 33ppg and 8apg while finishing with a 29-1 record and a state title with the only loss of the season coming to the phenom Lebron James. It was their second title in succession as backcourt. Another group I could throw out would be the 2003 backcourt of player of the year Ken Burke and off guard Antione Vinson. They powered Cardinal Ritter to a 31-0 record. They combined for 33pts and 7. Two of the freshman from that state championship team will stil be there next season, probably as the two leading scorers. The third freshman died tragically that summer in a car accident. A couple of my favorite backcourts were the backcourts of Cameron Murkey and Kevin Harbour at Gateway and Corey Simms, Arthur Clair, and Jonathan Griffin at Normandy. Murkey was an incredible stat stuffer, in the top 5 in the conference in like every category, averaging 23 pts 10 rebounds, 4 asts 4stls, and 1blk per contest. All that in a 6'2 frame. PHL Newcomer of the year chipped in 14 ppg that season. The Normandy trio were all four year varsity player who amassed a 44-8 record from 1999-01 and were all Div 1 caliber players, unfortunately they were in the same district with Vashon and sent home early every year. Simms was two time Suburban North player of the year and a first team all-metro player averaging 18ppg 7rebs and a flurry of highlight reel finishes. He signed with Nebraska and graduated in May. Arthur Clair was a junior in 2001. All-Conference. Averaged 12 ppg as a junior before averaging as a senior. Clair was another amazing athlete. At 6'4 he was a terror in the open court and had unlimited range on the three pointer. Also played on the Eagles with Simms. Div 1 teams backed off of him because of a knee injury and he signed with Missouri Southern. He's since transferred to Harris-Stowe and sat out this past season and should be a first team All-American at the NAIA level this coming season. Griffin avg 12ppg and was a senior on along with Simms. The 6'3 guard signed with UMSL following his senior season. He got hurt his freshman year and redshirted. He's started every game. After playing pg in high school he's played sg all three years at UMSL. He's led them in rebounding every year and scoring each of the last two. He has an outside chance to be the all-time leading scorer in school history. The backcourt I'm looking forward to seeing the most is the trio of Deandre Gilmore, Marquis Jones and Jonathan Mosley at Cardinal Ritter. That three guard lineup is looking to win a second title in four years as Lutheran North did this past season. I'm sure Lutheran North will provide a stiff test for them, but they should get passed Lutheran North at Districts and Career Academy at Quarterfinals. I have no doubt that Ritter would've won the district last year with a healthy Alex Barnett. No offense to Lutheran North.

just a few more to the list.

The Robertsons at St. Charles West. Two division I guards in the same family, much less the same backcourt.

Ben Kandlebinder and Josh Hotz, St. Francis Borgia. Won two state titles. Two of the best shooters that this area has produced.

This one of for you tseugnekillib and b. roy

Paul Lusk and Brent Brede (Wesclin High School), Paul was a big 10 recruit at iowa and ended up winning 3 valley titles at siu. while brent would have been, but decided to become a major league baseball player.

bad boyz for life