Naming rights?

Any idea on how SLU is approaching about the naming rights for the Arena? I would think Busch would be more than happy to fork over the money, especially since at least one of the Buschs went to SLU and the student center is already named after them. Just wondering if anyone had any inside info.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I think the Univ. would rather use AB funds and future potential gifts for other projects. Also putting an alcohol name on a high profile building gets into a grey area. Will never say never, but I just don't see AB spending that kind of money. St. Louis is a market where they don't need much advertising help. Hell we are brainwashed here and love it!

"When you say Budweiser, You've said it all!"

and i was told that decision wasnt a laydown one for the higher ups at ab. if ab isnt that enthused about sponsoring the cardinal stadium, i would have serious doubts about the biondidome. i have long ago crossed ab off the corporate naming rights list on my scorecard.

I hear there is a move a foot with an insurance company based in central Ill that has something to do with being a good citizen in a local area. Don't know to what degree they are interested in us, but we are real interested in them, I hear.

as long as FR. Biondi hasn't pissed them off...

which goes for a handful of local companies with very deap pockets...

I hate to say that....

can't sleep/some rain at this late hour...

I hope the rain doesn't hurt golf tomorrow/today, can't hurt the greens!

Of course not BUT it'd be hard for me to write a check for my seats in the State Farm arena since I work for their competition. They are also big time sponsers of that program ethically challenged university to our west.

Maybe Snake Farm would like to upgrade their image..........

Maybe AAA should chip in a few bucks.......

I thought Mizzou had/has a deal with Shelter, and even if SF is in the mix there, SF supports a lot of college atheletics which I am a fan of them doing, like the MVC tourney. I am not a policyholder of theirs, but if they write SLU a big check, I certainly will shop their price. That outta send you into orbit,but that was not the intention and I didn't realize you were in the ins industry.

Oh, and it is not like you would be writing a check to them for tickets.....you would be the beneficiary of, as Henry Blake would say, their maganomous generous generosity.

sorry for the delay, been playing a lot recently, some good/some so so. changed part of my swing, trying to use my core muscles more than I ever had and at times it gets really frustrating.

for example: a certain rent-a-car company based in town had major contracts terminated with the Univ.

a grocery chain, not named Dierbergs, was sqeezed on a piece of land

Fr. Biondi wanted, a bit of a power play.

things you just can't do, because when it is time to get a big donation, especially from a big corporation that has assets in the BILLIONS and takes pleasure in donating money, having good relationships is essential.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with people over who knows what. I have a lot of facts and have heard many opinions on the matter for many years from all angles. Not to be taken for granted is this:

SLU has never made any significant effort to raise large amounts of capital for athletics. And for the Univ. FIRST effort to raise close to $20 MILLION is fantastic. Coming off a 9-21 season in the major revenue sport and to be just $15 million away from putting a shovel in the ground is great. I know that there is one hell of an effort to get the BIG donation. I know that Father Biondi is more and more committed to this effort each day.