New League ... Same Old, Same Old ....

Taj79

...crap at Huggy U. Oh, Naticat .. the horror, the horror. Two more convicts to add to the "Shoulda-Coulda-Woulda" Hall of Shame. Freshman Roy Bright was kicked off the team for admitting to carrying a firearm on campus and Vincent Banks left for "personal reasons." Bright was UC's number one freshman contributor this past year and will probably be missed. Banks sat out after not qualifying in the classroom according to the paper. How can you not qualify at a UC?????

Me thinks our former bretheren from CUSA are gonna find a world of hurt waiting for them as they take on the big boys night in and night out in the Big East. Of course, both deserve each other ... two great basketball conferences all askew because of mediocre football. I will watch with great interest.

Taj1879 is still around,might even be wearing that hockey jersey. Who would have ever thought that Taj would ignore,and not give praise to coach Huggins for what might have been one of his best, if not the best, coaching jobs ever this past season. Wins 25 games and advances to the second round without a true center and only Eric Hicks to back it up.

Oh no, Taj wants to talk about Roy Bright and Vincent Banks. Reminds me of something else.....

"Were gonna talk about....practice......come'on man!"

The Roy Bright situation is what it is. Why would one of the students who walks on water at UC feel the need to carry around a gun? Hell I dont know. At least give Bob credit for telling him to hit the road, 5 years ago he would just be suspended.

Vincent Banks is a head scratcher. I heard Andy Kennedy on the radio yesterday. Neither he or Bob were happy with Vincent's decision. He didnt go into detail about what the hell is going on either. He did say that they knew this was going to happen for a couple weeks, thus the signing of the PG from Louisville. Rumors are something about Banks' mom/or dad is doing very bad health wise.

The move to the Big East will bring some change. We all know UC wont win the conference championship every year and go to the ncaa every year. Those trips will probably be spaced out a little bit now. But I also think they'll be better prepared for longer tournament runs as well.

"Were gonna talk about.............practce"

Feel free to have me out for UC vs Georgetown ;)

some things never change. Now UC's a school that's ripe for a mascot name change: The Cons, Defendants, Usual Suspects, Perps, take your pick. And should change their colors to Jump suit orange. When a UC recruit wonders whether he can crack the line-up his answer must be a resounding yes!

Hey ...youknome, on .... only pickin when the pickin's are easy. And that always seems to be at Huggy U. Frankly, I don't care what he does as a coach, its just one of those rogue programs that seems to be always on the crime ledger side of the news. Can't beat them on the court, so you got to beat them somewhere else.

Door's open is you want a place to watch one thug U do unto others .... and honestly I don't know which school is which there. My house to the MCI Center is about 85 miles. Not exactly right next door, y'know. Same distance to Philly so you could make a weekend of it and do the Nova as well. Bring that Mueller guy with you.

do i have to go watch the thug game? i'd love to come out and watch ballet or read the vietnam memorial or take a tour of the pentagon, but please dont make me watch cincy vs georgetown.

I know you were just joking about the name change,but no way.Cincinnati has an awesome mascot,and perhaps the best logo, the C with the paw.

Whatsamattayou????? Too much material in those wrasslin' shorts? Just because guys have "Hicks" and "Muhammed" on the backs of their jeseys instead of really, really cute names like Triple X and Thunderlips doesn't mean that you can't close your eyes and just listen. Guys being thrown into the first row of seats sound pretty much the same in any sport, y'kno.

You might have to keep your eyes open tho for errant clangs off the iron as both teams are sometimes in the world lead for the gang that couldn't shoot straight.

But given the style of Big East basketball, on the serious side, I can onyl see UC as being able to compete toe-to-toe, so to speak. I can see Slick Rick trying to run and gun and that might work if he getsw enough shooters to make more than they miss. UC will be okay in the long run; won't dominate as they have in Great Midwest or CUSA but will be okay.