Would You Believe In Belize...

Schasz

That the brand name for the beer sold in that country is "Belikin." I saw signs about Belikin beer as we made our one hour drive to the sight of our Xtreme Cave Tubing excursion.

I did not drink any Belikin beers as I had consumed an elegant sufficiency of Dos Equis in Cozumel along with Tequilla Shooters on my snorkel and Carlos & Charlies trip in Mexico.

Belize is about as 3rd world as I have seen in my lifetime. Not much to do but take in some of the things to do in the water/Caribbean.

On our trip home last night our ship came to a sceaching halt and very quick turn. Then the captain came on the intercom to announce that they almost ran into a raft of people stranded in the Atlantic. Anyway, they sent one of the tendersout and pulled in 7 very weary Cubans who claimed to have been at sea for 5 days in a very makshift boat. We heard that INS took them off our cruise ship before we made land this morning in FT Lauderdale. I beleive that the procedure is for them to be sent back to Cuba where I am just sure that Fidel will be waiting with open arms.

I'm pretty sure that our laws for dealing with illegal aliens stiffened in light of 911. I must say that what happened on that fateful day in our history to those 3,000+ people and their families was most definitely inhumane in my books. If that means that our borders are tighter than ever before then that's fine by me.