SLU vs NCAA teams

slu72

This year we were 1-9 against teams making the dance. We were effectively blown out by only 4 of them, Zags, SIU, UC, and UL. Three of those were away games. Against the others we were pretty much in the game, with a team comprised mainly of freshman and sophs. Guess the point I'm trying to make here is maybe we are not all as far away from the promised land as we think. TL and KL come in contribute right away, DP, DB, LM, and IV all improve over the summer....add a decent #4 and a guy that can hit 3's at 40-45%, who knows we might be a surprise next year. By the way speaking of DP, I hope he was paying attention to the UW point guard, Nate Robertson, 5'9" and quick as a bullet...DP gets anywhere close to him and watch out.

Good post. Remember a couple of years ago when we beat West Virginia? Even though we won, it was clear that they had a ton of young players who would be contributors as they got more experience, and that has proven to be the case. Getting a guy like Gansey to transfer from St. Weldaventure certainly helps too.

Maybe the difference is this is the most frosh and sophs we've played and plus we're a lot more athletic top to bottom than in previous years. I don't know 3star, I maybe grasping at lifeline in the hopes we return to the dance sooner than later.