Tommie

slu72

It has been posted a number of times that TL's qualifying status is still up in the air. Given our recent "bad luck" with recruits, Morris and the Juco guard last year, this is worrisome. Especially since we all are looking forward to TL in Billiken Blue. I read where his ACT is good if his grades measure up...is this a SLU admission problem or is he below some NCAA standard? If SLU's the problem, I say admit him anyways. Get him a tutor. If we don't, you know there is going to be an UNLV, a Mizzery, an Oklahoma, or someone that will find a way for this guy to play next year. With KL's status somewhat uncertain due to the injury, and I don't think it's going to be a problem for him, we can't afford to have a short handed recruiting class again.

It's the NCAA not Slu. They work on a sliding scale. The higher the GPA the lower the ACT score needed. My guess is that if you stopped right now he would qualify, but since in theory his Hargrove GPA could drop going forward he won't qualify untill his final GPA is in. The other side is if he ups his ACT score then he can have a lower GPA.

i believe tommie's hargrove gpa will be much better than his east side gpa. the fact he is in a more focused environment and probably being given far more attention than he ever got at east st louis will make this a nothing by the end of the school year.