43 points??

STLfan

I guess that I am lucky that I couldn't see this game and that gametracker wasn't working. Wow. We only scored 19pts in the second half? How is that possible if these are DI players. I like coach soderberg but I am really begining to be concerned about the lack of talent on this team. Especially in the paint. Slu is a good school and shouldn't be that hard to recruit to. Look at all of the other small jesuit schools that have competitive basketball programs. Gonzaga, Xavier, Creighton, St. Mary's, Marquette, and I'm sure there are others. Being out of town most of the year I don't get to see many games so maybe I am missing something but only scoring 43 pts for the entire game is pathetic. We are trying to raise money for a new arena but how can you expect the average fan to get excited about a team with our record and inability to score?

which is surprising considering Marquette killed them with a press down the stretch in the last game. I guess Brad is too busy coaching the remedial stuff to worry about perparing for an opponent. It's a shame the level of talent is what it is. Houston got out to a 22-8 lead and never had to look back. Sorry if I think that 2 freshmen next year will solve all of these problems.

Yes, we have been hot and cold. We destroyed Marquette last night in Wisconsin, 86-63 and are 6-2 right now in CUSA play.

We have a ton of talent but we lack a 4th yr or 5th senior like we had last year. That was evident in our close losses to teams we should've easily beat like USC, Tulane, and Charlotte. We lost 2 games at the buzzer to USC and Tulane and then blew the Charlotte game with 1:58 left in the game.

It's been tough for everyone to get used to their new roles but they are coming along. We are 16-5 (6-2) right now and our next game is Saturday against Louisville in Birmingham. You can watch it on ESPN2.

IMO, the biggest disappointment this season has been our 3pt defense. We are still forcing 22 turnovers a game and we lead the nation in steals per game with about 13 pg but our 3pt defense is just awful, unlike the past two seasons.

I'm looking forward to our game in 3 weeks. It will be nice to not have to drive 7 hours or spend $200 on a plane ticket to just go see a game.