Bills by position for the future

With all the talk of wether or not we should have recruited both IV and BH ... i would like to take a look at where we are by position for the next 2-3 years

5 ... IV for 2 more , BH for 3 more

4 ... JJ for 2 more

3 ... TL for 4,VN for 1 more, LM for 3 more

2 ... KL for 4, DC for 2, DB for 3

1 ... DP for 3, AD for 1

I would say (as we all know) our major concern is the 4 ... we need 2 more players for the 4 and at least 1 ready to step in and play right away unless JJ just plays lights out the rest of the year ... but I wouldn't count on that.

The 1 looks short but really isn't as TL is also more than capable of playing the point and I would think KL could also.

I would also like to see another 3 as I am not sold on VN or LM ... though I think we will play alot of 3 guard offensive with DP, KL and TL ... but I would like to see an athletic 6'6" ot 6'7" slasher at the 3 in addition ... that would really set us up there.

Any thoughts

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

skip after watching dwayne polk for two months now, imo both lisch and liddell are better point guards. if i had to choose right now, liddell would be my point guard next year and lisch and polk would play the wings and fill in at the point when needed.

Skip,

I expect DP, TL, KL to compete at the point guard position.

I expect AD, TL, KL, DC, DB to compete at the 2G spot.

I expect TL, DB, DC, LM to compete at the 3G/SF spot.

I expect the most productive threesome (both offensively and defensively) to get the majority of the minutes.

I expect SLU will sign a juco post-player in the Spring, along with another post-player from the high school ranks, prep school, or a transfer. I also expect this latter signee to be redshirted if BH, IV, JJ, VN and the new juco are all healthy next November.

i never said i was sour on him. it is just after seeing him for two months, i think that liddell and lisch are better point guards that could help the team more at that position than dwayne polk. i think polk has to play as well, and since brad has shown he prefers three guard lineups, liddell at the point and lisch and polk on the wings works fine. allen iverson hasnt played the point guard position at philly for a few years now, he still helps the sixers win games as their shooting guard though. i have no problem with dwayne being the billikens allen iverson.

I would like to see them sign another HS big guy this spring also ... and just as you say redshirt him a year so he will be a soph when BH is a Sr ... he then has two years as the hopeful starter.

I am really worried about the 4 .... I have little to no confidence in JJ and VN. I would generally prefer a HS player but we need someone who can help right away. I would like to see us sign another 4 that is maybe very athletic but raw out of HS and redshirt him a year ... so that if we sign a JUCO the HS guy will have 2 years experience when the Juco guy leaves and 3 years remaining. I would actually rather see this than another post player.

So ... I'm in for 2 PF's one Juco for imediate help and a very athletic 6'8" HS player to redshirt for the future.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman