Pathetic Recruiting & Coaching / MIZZOU PREGAME DINNER

Let's take a look at the facts. Brad has been here 4 years. Everyone at SLU is a Soderberg recruit. Everyone at SIU is a Midwest/St. Louis talent. In otherwords everyone on SIU is pretty much a recruit Soderberg missed. Here is just a few recruits that SIU has that had a prominent role in dominating our boys...

Darren Brooks - St. Louis, MO

Mike Dale - Belleville, IL

Jamaal Tatum - Jeff City, MO

Randal Falker - St. Louis, MO

Stetson Harrison - Fairview Heights, IL

Matt Shaw - Centrailia, IL

Tony Young - Schaumburg, IL

Everyone here is from the Midwest in a "class soderberg could've had". We opted for Drejaj, Ohannon, etc. I don't want to hear that Lisch & Liddell are coming any more or about the future. Why did we miss out on all this talent? I don't want to hear that it's not that great either. They DESTROYED us!. That was awful tonight. Soderberg's recruiting looks like Martz's drafting.

ON A SECOND NOTE. I MISSED THE FIRST 10 MINUTES OF THE GAME. I WAS AT MIKE SHANNON'S FOR DINNER. AMAZINGLY THE ENTIRE MIZZOU TEAM SHOWED UP. I SAW ALL THE PLAYERS AND TONS OF SKINNY WHITE SMALL GUYS THAT WERE NOT PLAYERS. PROBABLY 40 PEOPLE. I DID NOT SEE QUINN. I DON'T KNOW THE OTHER COACHES TO RECOGNIZE THEM. MY QUESTION IS HOW IS THIS ALLOWED? WHO PAYS FOR THE DINNER? IS THERE A REASON QUINN WASN'T THERE?

Going down your list:

1. Brooks was at SIU before Brad came to SLU

2. Dale--partial qualifier that had to sit out last year--academically could not have made it to SLU

3. Tatum, I don't know except that Brad was hot after Polk for his PG

4. Falker went to SIU for an engineering program not offered at SLU

5. Hairston, he was also at SIU before Brad came to SLU

6. Shaw, was in the running for him, but in the end he choose SIU

7. Young, don't know

We are having a bad season and there is plenty of blame to go around, but other than Shaw these are not recruits that we lost out on. Actually, I was thinking Brad's recruiting is one thing most of us thought would be he weakness is now looking like a strong point while his player development is looking like his shortfall right now. Developing the end of the bench guys into significant contributors will probably be the key for this program. JJ is just now starting to get a role & Clarke's minutes are sporadic, Meyer and Husak look like the last off the bench types--how these type players develop probably matter as much as whoever Brad signs.

As far as the Missouri team going out to eat, I am sure they are given a per diem/meal money whenever they are on the road. They probably all ate a cheap lunch and saved up to go to a decent restaurant for dinner. No big deal.

You're mistaken.

Brad Soderberg has completed two years as the head coach and is in his third year as head coach. He was an assistant coach to Lorenzo Romar for one year prior to his becoming head coach. He's in his fourth year here.

Brad could not have gotten Darren Brooks and Stetson Harrison (seniors), as they signed LOIs while Soderberg was still Dick Bennett's assistant at Wisconsin (before Bennett retired early in the season). Even if they signed during the late period, Brad was just getting settled in his new position as Romar's assistant.

Mike Dale failed to qualify and paid his own way at SIU as a freshman. It's a lot easier for him to do that at a state school in the state where he is a resident than at Saint Louis U.

Randal Falker and Matt Shaw chose SIU over SLU (and other schools) for reasons that are out of Brad's control.

Your claim doesn't hold water, in my opinion.

brooks and hairston were romar misses. remember, lorenzo was chasing big fish.

i seem to recall tatum was being recruited to a degree by slu. i dont recall who we took instead. i guess clarke.

falker wanted a specific engineering degree we didnt offer.

i dont know a thing about young

dale didnt have the grades. i am not sure how he even got into siu his grades were so bad. btw, i saw mike dale probably 8-10 times while he was at east. of course every time i saw him he was playing against lisch, so it probably skewed my perception. i can tell you that mike dale never outplayed kevin lisch in any game i saw. thus, i am sure i was thinking "i'd rather have lisch" while watching. i do remember that 3 star was all over mike dale. plus, you have to remember that mike dale has had offcourt problems that exceeded even his grade problems before he even got into the gang fight at siu this past summer. my point is, between grades, troubling social skills, and being over shadowed by the likes of shaw and lisch and price and jones, it is easy to see he could have been overlooked. it is my understanding he basically got the look at siu only because hairston begged painter and weber to do so.

it would be my belief that $nyder would probably not show in public due to his ncaa penalties and probation. remember he is not allowed to make off campus appearances. to the games and back is the strictest interpretation of that. he is probably on a very short leash these days.