boxscore is ugly

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=243420139

our centers combined for 5 rebs, shot 1-4 from the field and had 5 points.

the only player that shot 50% from the field was drejaj at 3-6 and we already have a report from david that drejaj shot bad.

reggie only took 8 shots.

we were outrebounded by 10.

maybe it's time to start letting the kids play more. husak and clarke no show in the box again and meyer only 11 minutes, brown only 6 minutes.

50% from the foul line.

here's a nice spot, frericks was 3-4 on free throws. of course that also means the rest of the team was 6-14.

with the exception of rebounds and free throws the game was very even.

last ugly bit on the box score, probably my all-time most hated ref tim higgins reffed.

first of all, who is david, obviously he is just blind or can't read, drejaj is the only person who shot decent, 50 percent for a jump shooter isn't bad, he has been pretty constant at 7 points agame almost two steals. ne way it doesn't matter they can't buy a win.

The reffing was bizarre, but didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Drejaj didn't shoot poor; he just played poor in the clutch.

Izik played well in the first half but disappeared for much of the second half.

Polk needs to go to his left more. I don't know if it is coaching or Dwayne's preference, but he nearly always starts the offense from the right half of the court. He did have a couple highlight passes in the open court. I see why the staff is excited about his open court ability.

david, did you watch the wisc-milwaukee player guarding him? maybe he was making him go that direction. who was playing down low defensively for uwm? if that was strong player, again, the defense might have wanted everything to go that direction.

i only say this because i havent noticed polk only going right in the previous games and i watch the point guards pretty close. i dont know, since i wasnt there, but just trying to get perspective. especially considering billiken law told us before the game that the uwm guards were all quick as well. i can see where dwayne would get a little rattled maybe if he was facing more or less his speed equals.

The UW-Mil guard was nearly as quick as Dwayne. I have noticed him tending right every game this year. Watch for it next game and let me know if you notice it.

I watched Dwayne play a lot in high school, and we have yet to see the total package from him. He can finish a lot better and shoot the ball from outside a lot better than he has shown. Tonight he looked like he was going to be a bit more aggrssive looking for his shot early on, but he missed his first few shots and reverted back to a pass-first guard. The bumps he is taking this year will be useful next year when he plays with more talent around him.

remember it is much easier to finish in high school vs 6'3" centers and now looking at another 6 inches and about 80 lbs.

well i hope we made the opponents best player work for his points. but my point was that sloan or fisher would not allow the opposing stud to have one of his best games against them (except chris thomas). if the offense wasnt there, we still made them find a new way as well. the box score says the billiken defense apparently did only 80% of their job.

my apologies david, they all are stinking it up together ne way, they have to just dig deep inside themselves, look in the mirror and fix this damn thing, its ugly right now, with a win over gonzaga on the road we can definitely help our rpi out, but with a lost will help our rip out. please billiken basketball turn it around, i go by how the team goes. i'm miserable right now.

During his four years at Vashon he routinely played against some of the best high school talent in the nation. I have seen him finish against 6'9" athletes, and he will do so at SLU in the near future. Be patient--Dwayne has a lot more to offer.

He's playing at a high major. A 6-5 PF in HS (from Milwaukee) he originally went to Bradley but was stolen away by UWM (word is tampering by Pearl who is a sketchy guy). He has developed a nice game away from the hoop. If he were 6-7 he would have had a ton of offers from Big Ten and other high major programs.