TCU game

slufanskip

For an update ... sorry it took so long ... my little brother has 4 tickets ... but they may be getting used, he will know by tuesday or wednesday of next week ... if not he will be more than happy to let some one have them ... I'll post when I know for sure.

ABomb ... If I get them the first 3 will be yours ... I may fly down and go if not Blue Crew pres you can have the other ... might not put you all together but it will get you in ... I'm sure there will be plenty of places to sit together.

I'll let you know ... make sure your emails are correct in your profiles.

I am glad they lost. There is no reason to screw up a system even more by including a team that in no way shape or form deserves a BCS bid. What would happen if LSU, USC, OU, Texas, Michigan, OSU all decided to play a schedule that included nothing but a bunch of patsies and went undefeated every year. What if LSU dropped out of the SEC and set their schedule up to play Sam Houston State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Tulsa, Memphis, Central Florida, Wyoming, Rice, New Mexico State, Army, Navy, (sounding like a Notre Dame schedule now) SMU and won out every year. Would LSU deserve to play for it all every year? If not, then why does TCU? TCU needs to upgrade their facilities and fan support before hooting and hollering about wanting to play with the big boys. They couldn't even come close to selling their little stadium out against Louisville, a top 25 team, & a national tv audience watching to see if they deserve to be included in the BCS. TCU will be in the bowl they deserve....GMAC Bowl.

Yes the schedule for TCU is soft in comparison with any SEC or Big 12 team. However, I wouldn't down the program as not being able to play with the big boys because they are. The problem is that they don't have to do it week in week out like an SEC school. The BCS Stinks every team at the start of the season should have a chance at the national title and that is not the case under the BCS. I would prefer that we go back to the old days where everyone just argues it out or some type of playoff. TCU had a good crowd for the game and they didn't give up last night down by 25 pts.

The teams I get tired of are Miami (FL) and VA Tech. The Big LEast schedule is pretty easy too. However, these teams get the Media Coverage from the Big LEast biased ESPN.

We need a catalyst to start the demise of the BCS and something like TCU or NIU is it.

What would TCU's record be in the Big 12 South ... Losses to OU, Tex, OU State at least, maybe Texas Tech, and out of the 3 from the Big 12 North they would have to play KS St., Neb, Mizzou, Colo. probably a loss or two there. No one would be talking about TCU. They would have 4-5 losses maybe more.

OU and TCU in the National Championship game ... OU by 40 minnimum.

Who on TCU's schedule would you consider to be a player on the college football scene? The toughest team they faced all year was ranked over 75. Their strength of schedule was over 100. I have no problem with the Toads as long as they don't go sticking their nose where it don't belong.

I agree the BCS is a complete joke. The computer polls are sad. Half of them don't even give you the criteria for what use to base their ranking. Miami of Ohio in the top 10. Give me a break. ESPN is so biased toward the Big 10 in their coverage it is not even funny. The time is now for a playoff.

TCU would lose to OU, Texas, Ok State, Tech and I'm not sure they would beat TAMU from just the south. NE, MO, KSU would beat them I'd take CO and Kansas to beat them. A couple of years ago TCU was flirting with a national ranking and played the TAMU in a bowl game and got their butts handed to them.

I don't agree with all your assumptions. TCU beats TAMU, OSU, TT, MU, KU, CU they would play Texas tough would be a rivalry game. OU would spank them but who wouldn't they spank, well LSU or USC. I am not arguing the ease of their schedule. I think that all teams in Division 1 should have a chance to win the National Championship that is what you play for. Under the current system in place that is not the case only BCS conf. and ND (should they actually win a game) can win the National Championship game. I was cheering for the wrench in the system.

Oh yeah for the last time Auburn v. Alabama is the best rivalry, than maybe Army v. Navy then SPUMAC v. FBI.

Skip I plan also to be there, probably with at least 3 other ppl. We all should meet up before the game at a bar or something and throw ourselves a tailgating party...Billy Bobs woohoo

As far as the TCU football discussion...I have to say that TCU would probably give Tech and TAMU all they could handle...I was just telling a friend of mine how great it would be (prior to last night) if Texas and TCU were in the Cotton Bowl...here in TX all we hear about is Smack Brown and all his gifted athletes...Also if you look at OUs schedule, North Texas gave OU the best game out of any of the TX schools this yr (UT, TAMU, Baylor).

I hope that all these sports reporters who are dismissing the Buckeyes as "luckeyes" will be ready to eat their words if the Bucs win this weekend...how many more games do they have to win before they shed the lucky term its insane...they have beaten 6 ranked teams...the 2nd best team in the PAC-10 lost to ND...USC can start talkin when they play some ranked teams, instead of having these blowout wins and complaining when they slip in the rankings...OSU deserves a chance to defend their title when last yr they were the underdogs against Kellen Winslows "U".

Good luck to the Bills tonight..Cue up Biggie Smalls...its time for the Sodabunch to take the stage.

I agree ... I am not 100% sure I'm coming but if so It would be good to get together ... we will have quite a few Billiken fans there.

I wouldn't mind seeing OU play OSU. And I agrree with your TT and TAMU comments.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Not from me ... my guesses if TCU played in the Big 12 south

OU by 30

Texas by 15

OSU by 15

Tech by 7

TAMU .. TCU by 7

Baylor .. TCU by 20

I'm not going to bring up anything negative about OU to my family ... especially not my brother. I hear enough allready

My guess would be OU by 40+ (as many as they want to score)

Texas by 40+

OSU by 20+

Tech by 20+

TAMU push

Baylor Tcu by 20

Surely you would want to know the truth about your team. Good or bad. If you can live with one team playing shadily with the rules then you can live with them all playing that way.

What do you mean shadily ... Either you are within the rules are you or not. I don't know the legal issues of either case. Do you? Are they eligible to play in the NCAA or not? Are you insuating they cheat to get people in ... or that Stoops is too lenient with players when they screw up? Do you have inside info on how Brandon was punished ? McGruder's problem was before he came to OU correct?

Are you an OSU fan ?

I believe OU won the Big 12 academic award last year also.

By that reasoning then SPUMAC v. KU would be one of the greatest rivalries of all time. We all know that is not true. This fact dispells your argument. By the way this argument has no solution. I have a personal dislike of the Big 12 it is tainted by SPUMAC. Is that something we can agree on a hatred of SPUMAC?

Recognize TCU is good.