Jillikens

i was at the womens game tonight. I must say SLU should of beat Youngstown st tonight. Thats why they scheduled them it should be an easy win. Looks like Jill is in for a long season. Just from the stands it looks Jill has know what she was doing. She has assts, why doesnt she ever consult them. Use your staff for help. Oh well maybe next game

that Austin Peay was missing their best scorer, and that they only scored in the 40s in regulation, I don't think that was a GOOD team that SLU lost too. Same thing happened last year when Brad lost to a mediocre Eastern Kentucky team.

I've never heard of Youngstown State and it might rate as a worse loss. However, you can never judge a season by one game. It looks like Jill is in a transition year after leading them into the postseason last year. With all of the freshmen on the team, I could see them giving Jill a break this year, especially if Mia Johnson is as talented as I've heard.

I'm sorry, but you might have to deal with another year of Jill.

Jill in no way, shape or form, lead the team into the post season last year. They didn't even make it to the conference tournament! And it seems to me that she never ever looks to her assistants for help. They are all on the bench taking stats which doesn't allow them to watch the game closely. Seems pretty stupid to me.

the girl they signed from Bellville is a good recruit not a great one but what can you get for sucky program. The assistant coach tony was there. The job of the assistants is to find player that they think the coach will like and fit their program. Then it is up to the Head coach to choose which one he/she wants. It should be a joint decision but obviously with Jill she only gets what she wants.

ALso, usually assistants will do the scouting reports for each game and game clips to show to the team. The head coach might say a few things during the scout practice but usually the assistants to all that. The other responsibilities of assistants is to schedule games, game film, travel summer camps (where almost all assts get most of the camp money because the head coach is making the most. Do I know if the Jillikens assistants do that, I do not know. I have heard of head coaches being in control of everything but I do not know if Jill is one of those people.

But, what I do know is the Head coaches Job is to win games. They get credit for winning and get criticized for losing, not the assistants.

Saint Louis did not lose any bad games during non-conference play last year. You must be thinking of the previous year.

2003-04 Non-conference schedule:

[pre]Eastern Kentucky w

Savannah State w

N. Carolina A&T w

West Virginia l

Arizona l

Georgia Tech l

Grambling State w

Southwest Mo. St. l

Butler w

Dayton w

Kansas State w[/pre]

Why would anybody want 8 screen names, but Broy AND another poster thinks we are all one person! You are right, we are just stating facts. Whats the chance of Mia Johnson staying at slu, she is big time, I can't see her staying and playing on a team that loses, shes wasting her talent. I know Minn really wanted her, would she decide to transfer back to Minn to play. You are right about her assts coaches, all they do is take stats, they never do any coaching. Jill does it her self

JILL SUCKS, IF SLU WANTS TO BE A GREAT SCHOOL, THEY SHOULD BE COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE IN ACADEMICS(WHICH THEY ARE) AND COMMITTTED TO EXCELLENCE ON THE ATHLETIC FIELD.( which they are not)

JILL HAS TO BE FIRED.