Utah over VCU by 7

It looks like the next piece of the puzzle is this game. While it would be interesting to see VCU  play against ISU as a gauge against A-10 competition, it really isn't necessary.  ISU just beat Cinn ...a team that the computer sees as an equal to Dayton...that should tell you all you need to know about ISU players competing  in the A10.

As I mentioned in the Cincy spread thread,  ISU and Cinn (and Dayton) are both A- teams.  This should also answer any NCAA questions (although a bit too late) about ISU having too weak of a schedule to be a Dancer.  Schertz mentioned before Selection Sunday...if they went Dancing it would prove they belonged...if they were not selected he would use the NIT to prove  that the NCAA was wrong.

Finally, I am glad ISU won last night.  While it seems Lville has moved on ...a loss might have given them a chance to circle back.   Adding another week on not only discourages them from pursuing further but it keeps other poachers at bay also.  Teams thinking about swooping in on Schertz will now think that if The Ville couldn't sign him, maybe we should look elsewhere as he seems to be taken.

Bottom line...As the computer forecasted, there wouldn't be a coaching decision until the first week in April.  In any case, we should have a new coach in the next 6-8 days.

Tick, tick...tick...the finish line is in sight.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It looks like the next piece of the puzzle is this game. While it would be interesting to see VCU  play against ISU as a gauge against A-10 competition, it really isn't necessary.  ISU just beat Cinn ...a team that the computer sees as an equal to Dayton...that should tell you all you need to know about ISU players competing  in the A10.

As I mentioned in the Cincy spread thread,  ISU and Cinn (and Dayton) are both A- teams.  This should also answer any NCAA questions (although a bit too late) about ISU having too weak of a schedule to be a Dancer.  Schertz mentioned before Selection Sunday...if they went Dancing it would prove they belonged...if they were not selected he would use the NIT to prove  that the NCAA was wrong.

Finally, I am glad ISU won last night.  While it seems Lville has moved on ...a loss might have given them a chance to circle back.   Adding another week on not only discourages them from pursuing further but it keeps other poachers at bay also.  Teams thinking about swooping in on Schertz will now think that if The Ville couldn't sign him, maybe we should look elsewhere as he seems to be taken.

Bottom line...As the computer forecasted, there wouldn't be a coaching decision until the first week in April.  In any case, we should have a new coach in the next 6-8 days.

Tick, tick...tick...the finish line is in sight.

I come at this from a glass with nothing in it approach. This now gives UL's AD (who apparently loves Schertz) another week to convince his boosters (who apparently don't love Schertz) that he is worth the buyout with SLU. Another win by ISU also likely increases his starting 5s NIL value. Assuming Schertz does honor his MOU with SLU, that's more NIL $ we'll need to throw at any of his players considering following him to Midtown. Again, I have never had a glass half full.