A10 Volleyball

-I went back 13 pages and didn't see a VBall thread, could have missed it, figured there would have been a rant on vball since Christmas

-nice choice of words on the post shown on the accumultor with the A10 Volleyball Championship goes through Chaifetz, not because our team is projected a strong case to win the league but rather hosting the conf tourney

-I guess the question is will our ladies be in the top 6 to get a home game?

15 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

We lost some good players, but I don’t know why this isn’t an unrealistic goal to shoot for

It's not an unrealistic goal. It's incredibly easy, given the resources at Miller's disposal to finish top 4 every year regardless of roster turnover. Miller has made it clear that having a dominant attacking player and an average to below average cast of supporting roles is enough to finish 3rd every year. In fact he's made it almost an art form. He continues to fail upwards. The reasoning in cowboy's post in apropos in that the Billikens should be expected to be top 4, not because they are good. Instead because this league has been garbage outside of Dayton/VCU and SLU a somewhat distant 3rd. Things change a little bit with Loyola entering the fray. MVC is not a pushover volleyball league and Loyola Women's Volleyball is coming off a 22-10 season. Of course Rambler Men's Volleyball is a very successful program that I'm sure the women get a residual shine from. Billikens will finish 4th. Without doing too much digging:

1. Dayton

2. Loyola

3. VCU

4. SLU