Practice report for 10/26

bauman

Not much new to report except TF and AD took part in a limited number of drills, none of them involving contact. Again I don't know what happened to TF, but based on the sidelines late in today's practice maybe BS needs to keep them out of contact drills until the season starts. With about 1 hour left of practice, the place looked like a MASH unit! LM had his ankle/foot wrapped and elevated, DB was walking gingerly on the sidelines and TF and AD, as previously mentioned joined LM and DB as walking wounded. It took 3 walk-ons and an Asst. Coach to be able to do the drills.

Speaking of the Walk-ons, Ian M. and Wendell are back and are joined by a new player named Payton, a small quick guard about Polk's size. All 3 are making tremendous contributions to the team and could pass for scholarship players. WAY TO GO GUYS!

Could pass for scholarship players in which division? Obviously not having the opportunity to see a practice yet this year, I cannot comment on Payton. However, i find it very difficult to believe that Wendell or even Mooney have progressed to the point that they would be considered deserving of a scholarship on a D1 program. I would be more than happy to be wrong!

Let's see, I've been to 4/5 practices, you've been to none, but your implication is that I'm way off base? I didn't say that they were great and going to start any games, but if you didn't know who was who and went to a practice they certainly would not standout to anyone as walk-ons. They are not being outclassed in drills and scrimmages-that doesn't mean they are as good as RB and VN just that most of the time they are holding there own. ( See someone's earlier report that VN and the walk-ons beat a group with projected starters.)

My point is not that these 3 guys are going to take us to the NCAA, but rather that they are providing excellent competition for the scholarship players. With 2-4 guys on the sideline and one on suspension it's great to have students like these who are willing to give up so much of their time to make our Bills a better team.