No we don’t have an elite consistent scorer (but why that’s a good thing)

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-the part of JGood's game that has me more perplexed is how he is getting beat off the dribble, that didn't happen last season to this frequency that I can recall 

-as to CAG, what the heck was he and the staff doing over the summer? I don't remember that he was hurt and couldn't get in shape. I know CFord has said CAG goes all out when in the game, an assessment I question, and someone on here wondered if CAG didn't know how big a jump it is from high school to our level, but I am shocked at the number of times he walks to the offensive end and is really huffing and puffing but I agree he could be really, really good and eventually make a lot of $$$$

These are two very, very good questions.    

To me, Goodwin has not regressed, but he has not progressed.  He was not an elite on ball defender last year, and he isn't this year.  I haven't seen a step up, definitely not to the Bess/Thatch level.  He still reads the passing lanes quite well, as he did last year. That's where he gets his steals.

Gordon's conditioning is perplexing.  (I will say he has gone 28 to 30 minutes in four of the last five games.) I thought our new Strength and Conditioning Coach would have handled this in the fall.  Gordon is typically the last one up the floor, yes, but many times he throws the ball in-bounds. I wonder why.  Let someone else put the ball in play and let him walk up and get in position.