hey steve

you need to add links on each board that lets you go back and forth without clicking on the conference link. i.e. save a click.

also, i still say if you can somehow put a notice on the boards that tell someone they have a pm that would also be good. i know if you click on "user menu" it already does that, but i know i dont go to user menu every time i visit. but a sign of some sort letting you know you have a pm would be great.

btw, i was completely wrong about the other board. i think it has been a great opening success and an excellent read. everyone has been very civil considering we are "discussing" mostly politics and the posters are pretty much all the way right or left with little in between.

i said i would never post over there, but i have become somewhat of a reg already and i can tell you that the offseason board is probably my second favorite board already.

my fear was it would become a "manshow" like board like the sports lounge board is. not that there is anything wrong with that, but i just didnt see a need for that. of course an occasional trip to the manshow isnt bad, but i like the fact that thus far it has been pretty solid serious information and discussion.

I can't speak on the links (Steve can change that by adding the link to the template), but I can tell you that there's no way for there to be a sign inside the board that tells you that you have a private message, because that's something embedded in the script. However, you don't have to go to the user menu to find out if you have a NEW private message. If you click on "conferences," the Lobby will alert you if you have a new PM waiting. You may want to bookmark the Lobby (Conferences). For me, because I "Mark" the board manually, every time I read the board and mark it as read, I'm sent to the lobby.

Thicks is right (he knows more about this message board script than I do). I do need to get off my butt and do the grunt work of links... Many of the message boards above are outdated... Just think of it like getting your son to clean his room, he knows it needs to be done, just it is no fun ;)

As for the second board, so far so good. It is more politics than I expected honestly. I expected some random stuff, but I definitely expected more Cardinals talk, but it just isn't happening. I am glad to hear that it your second favorite board (What's the first? ;) )

Hopefully we can keep the good political discussion going, but it could run a little dry because we are discussing more beliefs than the day to day stuff. And there is only so much we can discuss the beliefs (like was Iraq right or not? Clinton Good or Bad?) The topics will eventually run dry, so hopefully we build enough of a discussion base that the board continues strong when more day to day issues need to be discussed. (Hopefully that paragraph made sense).

Hopefully the board works out for the long run...And it works out somewhat that the election year ends around the time SLU's Season starts... Late October Early November, I expect Billikens.com to get some TRAFFIC...Between the politics and basketball.. Phew...

Steve

bout the time we tire of discussing the worthlessness of clinton, maybe the braves cardinals series will be about ready to start. then it can be me and a-bomb vs the everyone else. ;-)

haven't read any of the above posts yet, so this might have come up already, but what are you going to put in the center of the main page where the big white blank space is?

------------------------------------------------------------

*Official Billikens.com sponsor of Mike Beczkala

I dunno. It is a bit of a question that I have myself...It used to not be a problem with the old design b/c the schedule was on the right, and the message board thing was in the middle...

I dunno what to put there....

You have any ideas?

Steve