SLU Soccer Rankings (suspended)

kwyjibo

I seriously don't understand what has happened. I know we lost a banner crop of players last year with Lee, Manning, Kristo, and Bryce but I never saw this type of year coming. With the talent on paper brought in and the guys coming back, I thought for sure we could stay competitive and it certainly looked like that early in the season. But we have shown a horrible propensity to give away leads adn more worrisome is our at-home record. Even though out backline has Marco, Tyler, Otte, Karcher and Philip all playing defense, we can't seem to finish a game. I want to chalk it up to too many new faces but that seems too simply especially seeing how they came out of the gate playing well. WE have scored 6 goals in five games since Homecoming but given up 9 goals. Prior to that, we had scored 12 goals and given up 7 and that includes games against Tulsa, Akron, Denver, and Louisville, three of which were away games.

The box score from last night's game is interesting too. McGinty might have thought he could get some guys playing time with a poor WIsconsin team coming in or he's sending a message to older some guys. Starters included Noah Murphy,Grant Owens, Patrick Saar, Andre Rivers-Hardware, and JT Cook....all of which played 60-70 minutes of the game and all of have played in less than 6 games each this year. Graydon only got seven minutes, Cicciarelli 31, Minors 40, and Brown 13. Those four account for 50% of our goals and assists this year. Something is certainly going on. Maybe some injuries or fitness issues but we didn't field our best team last night.

I seriously don't understand what has happened. I know we lost a banner crop of players last year with Lee, Manning, Kristo, and Bryce but I never saw this type of year coming. With the talent on paper brought in and the guys coming back, I thought for sure we could stay competitive and it certainly looked like that early in the season. But we have shown a horrible propensity to give away leads adn more worrisome is our at-home record. Even though out backline has Marco, Tyler, Otte, Karcher and Philip all playing defense, we can't seem to finish a game. I want to chalk it up to too many new faces but that seems too simply especially seeing how they came out of the gate playing well. WE have scored 6 goals in five games since Homecoming but given up 9 goals. Prior to that, we had scored 12 goals and given up 7 and that includes games against Tulsa, Akron, Denver, and Louisville, three of which were away games.

The box score from last night's game is interesting too. McGinty might have thought he could get some guys playing time with a poor WIsconsin team coming in or he's sending a message to older some guys. Starters included Noah Murphy,Grant Owens, Patrick Saar, Andre Rivers-Hardware, and JT Cook....all of which played 60-70 minutes of the game and all of have played in less than 6 games each this year. Graydon only got seven minutes, Cicciarelli 31, Minors 40, and Brown 13. Those four account for 50% of our goals and assists this year. Something is certainly going on. Maybe some injuries or fitness issues but we didn't field our best team last night.

I didn't go Wednesday but I was pretty surprised by the box score. Seems like the best players haven't been playing much during this really bad streak. Wonder if they're hurt or what?

I think in general it is often hard to prove that coaches are not getting enough out of their players but with SLU soccer so many players (this was damning against Donigan as well) go on to get drafted and have successful pro careers that something has to be wrong. 6 guys got drafted in the last two years and they did not make the tournament 2013.

Could he be soccer's Buddy Bremer? He was the SLU basketball coach who had 3 players play in the NBA and when they started they had a losing record.