Media Information For Davidson

Go_Bills

Important: Due to a disruption in a popular streaming service all streaming links in this thread are subject to change.

Saint Louis (8-7, 0-2 A-10) vs. Davidson (10-3, 1-1 A-10)

Saturday, Jan. 10 :: 6 p.m. (CT) :: Belk Arena (5,223)

TV: None
Radio: 101 ESPN/Listen Online (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online: Live Video ($5.95/select 24-hour pass) | Live Stats
Game Notes: SLU

SETTING THE SCENE

Saint Louis wraps a two-game roadswing Saturday when it faces Atlantic 10 Conference newcomer Davidson College. Game time from Belk Arena in Davidson, N.C., is scheduled for 6 p.m. (CT).

FOLLOWING THE ACTION

Saturday’s game will not be televised. It will be available, however, online through Davidson College. The cost is $5.95. To sign up, follow the “A-10 DN” link on SLUBillikens.com, select Davidson in the school-specific package section, then select the 24-hour pass option.

The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor and all-around hoops expert Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.

BILLIKEN NOTABLES

Saint Louis faces Atlantic 10 Conference newcomer Davidson for the first time Saturday night in Davidson, N.C.

The Billikens are looking to snap a three-game losing skid. SLU is coming off a 75-72 loss against George Washington Tuesday night.

Saint Louis is in its 10th season of Atlantic 10 Conference play. The Billikens have captured the Atlantic 10 Conference regular-season title outright the last two years.

Saint Louis has advanced to the NCAA Tournament the last three years, a school record. Additionally, the Billikens are one of 10 programs in the nation that have advanced to the third round of the NCAA Tournament in each of the last three seasons.

Milik Yarbrough has eclipsed his career scoring high in each of the last three games. He scored a career-high 26 points at George Washington and registered 19 points in the league opener against Rhode Island. Yarbrough is the league’s leading scorer (22.5 ppg) through the first two games of A-10 play.

Austin McBroom leads the team in scoring with 10.5 ppg. He connects on 49.2 percent (31-for-63) of his 3-point attempts, which is third in the A-10.

Ash Yacoubou averages a team-best 5.1 rpg and pumps in 9.7 ppg. He has scored in double figures in five of the last six games.

Six of the Billikens’ eight victories have come while holding the opposition to fewer than 60 points. SLU has won 66 games in a row when holding its opponents to 60 or fewer points.

Saint Louis is fifth in the Atlantic 10 Conference in scoring defense with 63.3 points allowed per game. Davidson is first in the A-10 and seventh nationally in scoring offense with 84.2 ppg. The Billikens, however, are last in scoring offense with 61.4 ppg.

Billiken head coach Jim Crews is in his third season at the helm. The back-to-back A-10 Coach of the Year is 63-21 in three seasons at Saint Louis, 417-369 in 27 years overall.

RECAPPING THE GEORGE WASHINGTON GAME

Saint Louis freshmen Milik Yarbrough and Davell Roby posted career scoring highs, but George Washington rallied to hand the Billikens a 75-72 loss Tuesday night in Atlantic 10 Conference men’s basketball action at the Charles E. Smith Center.

Saint Louis fell to 8-7 overall and 0-2 in the league. George Washington, which is receiving votes in the national polls, improved to 12-3 overall and 2-0 in the league.

Yarbrough scored a career-high 26 points on 11-of-18 shooting, 1-of-2 from 3-point range and 3-of-4 from the charity stripe. He also tied for team-high honors with six rebounds. Yarbrough has eclipsed his career-scoring high in each of the last three games – Vanderbilt (13 points), Rhode Island (19 points) and now George Washington.

Roby was effective from 3-point range (4-of-5) to help account for his career-best 14 points. He also tied a career-high with five rebounds. Ash Yacoubou scored all seven of his points in the second half and finished with six rebounds. Marcus Bartley, who earned his first start since the Rockhurst game, hit a pair of treys for six points.

As a team, the Billikens shot a season-high 54.9 percent (28-51) from the field and 52.4 percent (11-21) from 3-point range.

YARBROUGH LEADING A-10 IN SCORING

Milik Yarbrough leads the Atlantic 10 Conference in scoring in league games with 22.5 ppg. He is also tied for 12th in the league with 7.0 rpg through the first two games of the conference season.

Yarbrough’s 26 points against George Washington were the second-most points scored during the opening week of A-10 play. Davidson’s Jack Gibbs scored 32 points against Richmond.

Yarbrough’s 11 field goals against GW are the most by an A-10 player in league play this season.

In all games, Yarbrough is seventh in the Atlantic 10 with a 55-percent (61-111) shooting mark from the field.

BILLIKENS IN THE ATLANTIC 10

Saint Louis is in its 10th season in the Atlantic 10 Conference.

The Billikens have posted an 88-58 record in A-10 tilts.

In the last four years, the Bills are 38-12 in conference affairs.

SLU has captured back-to-back A-10 regular-season titles, going 13-3 in league play in each of the last two seasons.

Saint Louis captured its first A-10 tournament crown in 2012-13, the first season the league played the tourney at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

LIFE ON THE ROAD

Last season, the Billikens had the second-best road record in the country, going 11-1. Only undefeated Wichita State had a better road record than the Billikens last season.

SLU is 1-2 on the road this season, defeating Indiana State in Terre Haute but falling to Wichita State in Wichita and George Washington in Washington, D.C. SLU also played a pair of games on a neutral court in Corpus Christi, Texas, in November, falling to Mississippi State and beating Bradley in the Corpus Christi Coastal Classic.

SPEED LIMIT 60

Six of SLU’s victories this year have come while holding the opposition to fewer than 60 points.

The Billikens have won 66 games in a row when holding their opponents to 60 or fewer points.

The last time the Billikens lost while giving up 60 or fewer points was Jan 29, 2011, a 52-46 defeat at George Washington.

THE BILLIKEN SIX

As expected, the Billikens’ six freshmen have played an integral role so far this season.

Milik Yarbrough (26 points) and Davell Roby (14 points) led the Billikens to a near victory against George Washington. GW entered the game receiving votes in both national polls.

Yarbrough posted team-season-highs in rebounds (13) and assists (six) in helping the Billikens to a three-point victory against Vermont.

In the win against North Carolina A&T, freshman guard Miles Reynolds took over in the second half and finished with a career-high 19 points in helping SLU to the win.

At Indiana State, it was the Billiken freshmen who paved the way for the victory. With 11:46 remaining, the Billikens were trailing by one. The SLU freshmen would go on to score the next 21 Billiken points to give SLU a double-digit lead.

A freshman has led the Billikens in scoring in seven games this season – Reynolds (North Carolina A&T and Rockhurst), Marcus Bartley (Wichita State) and Milik Yarbrough (South Dakota State, Vermont, Rhode Island and GW).

THE MOST SINCE...

Freshman forward Milik Yarbrough's 26 points at George Washington were the most by a Billiken freshman in a league game since Kwamain Mitchell scored 26 against La Salle in 2008-09. It is the most points in a league road game since Larry Hughes' 40 points at Marquette in 1997-98.

Yarbrough posted the first double-double by a Billiken freshman since Dwayne Evans in 2010-11. Evans had five double-doubles in his rookie campaign.

Yarbrough’s 19 points against Rhode Island were the most by a Billiken freshman in a league game since Evans scored 21 against Richmond in 2010-11.

Freshman guard Miles Reynolds' 19 points against North Carolina A&T are the most by a Billiken freshman since Mike McCall Jr. scored 19 against Southern Mississippi on Dec. 23, 2010.

Junior guard Austin McBroom’s six 3-pointers against Bradley are the most by a Billiken since Kwamain Mitchell buried seven against Rhode Island on Jan. 19, 2012.

McBroom’s 26 points against Bradley are the most by a Billiken in a nonconference game since Mitchell had 33 points against UMKC on Dec. 22, 2009.

CREWS IN THIRD YEAR

Back-to-back A-10 Coach of the Year Jim Crews is in his third season as the Billikens’ head coach.

He is 63-21 in three years at Saint Louis, 417-369 in 27 years overall.

Crews was tabbed the 2012-13 UPS NABC Division I Coach of the Year, Sporting News’ National Coach of the Year and the A-10 Coach of the Year. He was a finalist for the Naismith Coach of the Year award.

He has been a part of 16 NCAA Tournaments as a player, assistant coach and head coach. Crews played on Indiana’s 1976 national championship team and also won a title as an assistant coach in 1981.

SCOUTING DAVIDSON

Davidson College (Davidson, N.C.) is in its first season in the Atlantic 10 Conference after a stint in the Southern Conference

Davidson, who is led by head coach Bob McKillop in his 26th year, has advanced to the postseason in nine of the last 10 seasons.

The Wildcats lead the league and are seventh nationally in scoring offense with 84.2 ppg. Guards Jack Gibbs (16.9 ppg) and Tyler Kalinoski (16.8 ppg) are among the league’s leading scorers.

Davidson defeated Richmond 81-67 at Belk Arena in the A-10 opener, but is coming off a 71-65 defeat at VCU on Wednesday.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billikens.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billikens.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users, and inclusion of any link implies neither our endorsement of its website nor any association with its operators or owners.

I know it's not on TV, but check SONY HD on Uverse before the game just in case. Davidson suddenly popped up there last week unannounced like a day before their game. Not saying it will happen again but here's hoping it does.

Thanks for that information. If that happens, I'll stream it myself for everyone else. I'm trying to find something but not having much luck. Hopefully, I will know more tomorrow.

Not on Sony HD, it's Dayton v Fordham. Stuck w/ game tracker tonight.

I will probably pay the $6 to stream it through the A-10 site. Let me know if anyone wants my username and password. Not sure if more than 1 person can use it though

So no free stream as of yet?

I WILL make something happen in regards to a free stream. I'm trying to figure out a better service than ustream, that will allow for higher quality feeds to pass through that also doesn't cost me money. But if all else fails, I'll host a ustream watch link through my phone to the tv. This is a last resort option but given the pirate websites aren't even listing the game it seems are only option.

I will probably pay the $6 to stream it through the A-10 site. Let me know if anyone wants my username and password. Not sure if more than 1 person can use it though

Pretty sure you can't share the link. However, if you wanted to give me the log in information then I can stream the game to everyone else including you. However I'm not sure if you ever watched on of my tv link via ustream the quality isn't that great at all. Then again, I've no idea what I'll be working with their feed.

But on a positive if I go U-stream it allows for anyone who wants to to re-watch the game at a later time. Anyone have any better ideas?

I'm strongly consider LiveStream because they promise no ad's and I can stream from my computer. Ya'll may have to make a free account to watch, but it looks like our go to plan for today. If someone you like to help me test around 30 minutes for test for lag, and watchable I'd greatly appreciate it.

No tech experience required, I just need people to point click and watch. And let me know if anything needs to be fixed.

Has anyone ever tried watching the feed (e.g. the one Davidson will offer) through the browser on their TV or DVD player? How is the quality on a larger (60 inch) screen?

I'm strongly consider LiveStream because they promise no ad's and I can stream from my computer. Ya'll may have to make a free account to watch, but it looks like our go to plan for today. If someone you like to help me test around 30 minutes for test for lag, and watchable I'd greatly appreciate it.

No tech experience required, I just need people to point click and watch. And let me know if anything needs to be fixed.

I made an account on Livestrean. What is the profile I need to follow in order to access your stream?

Has anyone ever tried watching the feed (e.g. the one Davidson will offer) through the browser on their TV or DVD player? How is the quality on a larger (60 inch) screen?

This is my question, I'm about to cave any purchase the stream unless anyone else already has and wants to share.

Hi all! Excited for Davidson's future in the A10. Question about this whole streaming thing. I don't have any experience with this. Will someone post a link on this site?

Welcome to the board. I'll post a stream link around start of game time. You probably will have to make an account on that website. That's something out of my control however I chose that site over ustream because they promise no annoying in game ads.

I made an account on Livestrean. What is the profile I need to follow in order to access your stream?

I'll shoot you a pm, I'm trying to keep the stream hidden to avoid anyone reporting it early. <_<