Where to find photo galleries from games

SLUBlueMan

If Chris Lee is covering the game for the Post Dispatch w usually have some really good game photos. Sometimes SLU themselves have photos. Doens't look like the terre haute media took many of yesterdays game.

where is this coming from? how long have you been sitting on these? what's wrong with you?

re: where is this coming from?

Once upon a time circa February 2010, I had the following email exchange with Matt Sebek...

To: Matt Sebek

Subject: roll out the red carpet

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18433&pid=220935&st=0

To: me

Subject: re: roll out the red carpet

Wow. Uncle Jesse is going to be at Chaifetz Arena tomorrow night???? Goodness.

I'm actually out of town tonight/tomorrow, or I would definitely be there. Will you be there?

Subject: re: re: roll out the red carpet

I will be there in the flesh...I'm pretty sure Jesse will be there in posterized cutout fashion for the purpose of distracting opposing FT shooters in the 2nd half.

Urkel was been a difference maker against Dayton and Rhode Island. For Xavier, they're bringing in the big guns.

attached image

Subject: re: re: re: roll out the red carpet

I'm pissed I'll be out of town. I don't use my press credentials very often, but this is certainly one event that would be worth it.

Can I put you on "special assignment" to gather some pictures of the miraculous occasion? If you get something good (e.g., posterized cutouts, pictures of Stamos, etc.), we'll definitely feature it on JoeSportsFan.com....as well as this month's edition of St. Louis Sports Magazine. And, of course, we'll credit your "work".

Subject: re: re: re: re: roll out the red carpet

Absolutely. Can you get me on this list for a photo pass?

I can make do without - but I'm pretty sure Chaifetz (unlike Busch) has a strict no detachable lens camera policy.

Subject: re: re: re: re: re: roll out the red carpet

Awesome. I'll contact someone today over at Chaifetz. They usually require more than a 48 hour notice, but it's Xavier.

So I got the hook up for that first game...they didn't have a badge for me at the security desk but Brian Kunderman straightened it out (as he always does). No offbeat JSF story materialized out of the Xavier photos, but Sebek was impressed with my work enough to extend the offer for future games...and I've used that connection for 1-3 games a year ever since. I do have pretty choice season tix, and it's a lot more fun to get a buzz on and cheer without restraint from my usual seats, but for what I consider the big games, I'll be courtside camera in tow.

Sebek did end up using a photo of Larry Hughes in a Yankees cap for a story when he was blogging on the side for KFNS, and certainly everyone remembers this

re: how long have I been sitting on these?

I've shared them here on multiple occasions within days of taking the photos...

re: what's wrong with me?

I was born a Billikens fan.

• 1 month later...