Signings...whew!

slu72

Thank God, all three in the fold. UB brings in a 6'8-6'-9" pf in the spring and SLU is climbing the mountain, baby! Watch out A-10 here come the Billikens! Please, Tommie, qualify and satisfy.

This is just a gut feel here, but I think Meyer's, who often gets overlooked in this class, is going to be a big plus for us. I'll wager he's a barracuda on D and will provide us with some three's before all is said and done.

One question, and please don't jump on me about this, but is anyone else wondering why Mizzery's three other recruits did not submit their LOI's? Could it be these guys are a little hesitant to sign with a program that is under the NCAA microscope? Once a kid gives a verbal, is he off limits to other schools? Or can they still pursue him officially. My guess is not, but it wouldn't stop "unofficial" wooing efforts by alumni, boosters, etc., or more likely insinuating to the recruit, "Well, you know Mizzery may have some big problems ahead of them." Just wondering, since Q didn't pocket all his letters.

It is not unusual for kids not to sign on the first day. Sometimes they are out of town, maybe they want to make a big splash and not have their signing lost in all the other ones, or could be that they are waiting for some special person to be there. Normally once they verbally commit, they typically sign.