Jill Pizotti

What I heard was the "conversation" between Jill and Memphis went like this:

-"Would you be interested"

-"Maybe"

And thats the extent of the dialogue. The rumors about her aggressively pursuing a job there are exaggerated.

cheeseman, while i am not a big pizzotti fan, i will say that she hasnt been given the resources to succeed. and to be honest the fact that slu continues to keep her or coach hughes, speaks volumes in their committment. i.e. they (slu higher ups) know that until they give these coaches full support, they cant expect them to do better.

What support does she need? They give her a huge recruiting budget, she goes to all the big time women's high school shoot out camps in the summer. She gets paid well. She gets a free car, free cell phone. They let her have a camp. She has her own office, a locker room, TV/VCR in her office. What more support can she get. IF she can not win in West Pine gym, she won't be able to win in the new arena. I can't think of any more support she can get as a coach, except that she needs to win. SHe gets 12 full rides for players just like the men, So what else does she need?

She might need some support on her wardrobe during games but that is about it.

do you believe that her assistants are as well paid as say uconn assistant coaches? do you believe that she truly has the same recruiting budget as the men's team? do you truly believe that west pine gym doesnt hamper her in recruiting? at least coach soderberg gets to show the recruits the savvis center as where they will play their games. jill doesnt even get that. have you seen the game management at a women's game as compared to a men's game? students doing the pa work (however to be honest the students do a better job than guy phillips) not even a full squad of cheerleaders. even cheesier and cheaper game promotions and game break events. concessions facilities and offerings are less than what my daughter's grade school team provides. there is not much of the women's program that screams "big time". if you think that compares to a game at sms, or tennesee, or purdue, or notre dame or a uconn, you are delusional. now i realize one shouldnt expect that level, but in the same sense, one would expect an atmosphere that would exceed that of blessed sacrament grade school as well. right now, i dont think it does.

The program was bad when Jill took over, she has won a couple more games but the program still sucks! As for assistant coaches of course they do not get paid the same as uconns coaches. But did the uconn coaches and geno make as much money when they first started to now, no. Geno has built the program form the botteom up. AAsst coaches are goinf to work as hard as they can regardless of how much money they make. I know Jill asst's work as hard a they can so they can make the program better and once the program is better they can get paid more. But to get paid more you have to WIN, WIN, WIN, something Jill had not done.

MOney does not motivate a coach to do better. If you are a college coach just starting off you know you are not going to make $80,00 dollars, but if you stay at it you will make more. Also, Jill's budget night bot be a big as the men's but she goes to as many events in the summer as the men do. As for the game management who cares if the the women's team WIn, that will attract fans, nobody comes to see the game management staff perform, except maybe you. Since I have met you couple times it wouldn't suprise me!

game management and the way the game plays out off the court can go a long way to convincing a recruit and their family and coaches how serious a program is. and yes, when i go to a sporting event, i dont just watch the game. i watch everything. it is part of the experience. and whether you realize it or not, you and every other fan take it all in as well. you are being naive if you truly believe that makes no difference.

as i mentioned in my previous post, of course it isnt expected to be on the uconn level. however, do you think geno and his staff ever had a situation as poor as what slu has at west pine to hide? i dont. and as to salaries, if the salaries were more competitive, maybe jill could get better assistants and/or keep the better ones that seem to always be moving on.

for those pointing out that the billiken women have more scholarships, all the women's programs have 15. thus no advantage there. quality does not equal quanitity.

newberry, just where have we met? feel free to pm me that one if you would like.

>as i mentioned in my previous post, of course it isnt

>expected to be on the uconn level. however, do you think

>geno and his staff ever had a situation as poor as what slu

>has at west pine to hide? i dont. and as to salaries, if

>the salaries were more competitive, maybe jill could get

>better assistants and/or keep the better ones that seem to

>always be moving on.

>

>for those pointing out that the billiken women have more

>scholarships, all the women's programs have 15. thus no

>advantage there. quality does not equal quanitity.

>

Hey b-roy, who are some of ther better assistants Jill has that have moved on to better places. The assistants she has now are probably her best ones since they have been there for more than one year. Do you thnk the assistants leave because the pay is not up to par or do you think that Jill is just a bad head coach to work for. So are you saying the coaches she has now are not as good as the ones in the past. Have you ever talked to any of them?

i dont know enough about the previous assistant jilliken coaches to comment. i only remember one of you past disgruntled players that love to stir this "kill jill" thread every couple of months making the comment that all the good assistant coaches never stayed at slu.