the walton kid

Go Pistons! It's nice to see Walton succeed considering the fact that he probably wasn't a first round pick because he's not atheltic.

The kid is just a basketball player, as pure as they come. He has no ego as well.

The Lakers are in trouble having to depend on Kareem Rush, Medvedenko, Walton, Brian Cook, an injured Malone, an injured Fisher, and a washed up Gary Payton. Devean George hasn't shown much either.

Excluding Shaq and Kobe, is there another Laker who is better than anyone on this list right now:

Rip Hamilton (Detroit)

Ben Wallace (Detroit)

Rasheed Wallace (Detroit)

Chauncy Billups (Detroit)

Tayshaun Prince (Detroit)

Memhet Okur (Detroit)

Corliss Williamson (Detroit)

It's not shocking for them to be winning this series.

while i hate nexttown larry brown, i cant deny he has totally outcoached jackson and his pistons appear to be the better team. i love the gotta go to work attitude of all the pistons and dream of ben wallace showing up in a billiken uniform. with the exception of his free throws, what is there not to like about ben wallace?

Agreed. I just can't stand the Lakers this year. They have an all-star team with an all-star coach and they are getting spanked by Detroit. They play with no team chemistry and they don't even look like they give a crap about losing. The L.A. Lakers epitomize everything that's wrong in the NBA...

"L.A. Lakers epitomize everything that's wrong in the NBA..."

Exactly! If more teams played ball like the Pistons, I know I'd follow the NBA more. Any Billikens fan can appreciate Detroit style of ball. Watching the Lakers is like watching a McDonald's All American team: all about the individual, highlight reel plays. I can't say I really cared for the Pistons during the regular season, probably cared for them less when they picked up Rasheed Wallace, but after watching a few of their games this postseason, I've taken a liking to this team. I never thought that Tayshaun Prince out of Kentucky would become the solid all around player he has emerged into. He's really a great fit for the team, and I like the way he plays a lot. (He also shut down Kobe last night.) I don't care if LA has 4 future all stars, I'll take Detroit's starting 5 (Wallace X 2, Prince, Hamilton, and Billups) over the Lakers 4 all stars + Fisher/George anyday. Nothing would be sweeter than seeing Motown take the next two games and finishing off Hollywood in five!

With the Lakers right now...it's only 2-1 and no team in the current format has ever won 3 in a row at home. No question that the Lakers stunk up the joint last night, but they were down 2-0 to the defending NBA champ Spurs and managed to win 4 straight. I will say this, game 4 is a crucial game if they are going to win the championship. Kobe and Shaq will have to bring their "A" games and hope to get enough help from their team mates to win this game, otherwise history could be made.

I'd prefer if people would refrain from calling Gary Payton or Karl Malone all stars.

When and if the Pistons win, they will not have beaten a team with four all stars. They will have beaten a team with two, Kobe and Shaq.

Gary Payton is so washed up that I think that Marque Perry would make more of a difference.

Karl Malone is hurt.

The following list of PF's (some sub as center's), would be more productive than Karl Malone right now, even without an injury!

Dirk, K-mart, Jermaine O'neill, Webber, Okur, R. Wallace, Boozer, Garnett, Duncan, Brand, Erick Dampier, Amare Stoudemire, Brad Miller, Shareef Abdur Raheim, Zach Randolf, Raef Lafrentz, Van Horn, Darko Milicic (just kidding!)

Malone is not an all star!

No, they are not all-stars...just hall of fame players at the end of the line and trying to pick up rings on the way out. I have no problem with that, if it does happen. Having seen Gary in his prime with the Soncis, I'm rooting that it does happen too.