Serious question: Who do I write to ask the band to stop playing the Gator Chomp?

BillikenLaw

ereeves, could you tell mike to play sing sing sing at a point there likely wont be an interruption for the billikens running out or something else. the last few times that has indeed happened. very frustrating for true music fans everywhere. :)

Roy, I think the very last/latest time we played it, Mike thought we had more time. I certainly thought we did, and they came running out of the tunnel. Sometimes we're at the mercy of how the AD wants to run the show. We certainly try not to interrupt songs, though, how many bands do you know in the country that can start a song, play the fight song, then roll right back into the previous song seamlessly? Not many, I assure you. B)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy, I think the very last/latest time we played it, Mike thought we had more time. I certainly thought we did, and they came running out of the tunnel. Sometimes we're at the mercy of how the AD wants to run the show. We certainly try not to interrupt songs, though, how many bands do you know in the country that can start a song, play the fight song, then roll right back into the previous song seamlessly? Not many, I assure you. B)

will agree you handled well but the gene krupa drum solo spots on sing sing sing does provide that luxury.

FYI. Here is the email I sent to Mike:

"Season ticket holder since the 90's and I completely believe the "World's Greatest Pep Band" moniker. I love the fact that you include alumni in the band, think you do an excellent National Anthem, and actually have your CD. Every game I wish you guys had this one in your back pocket. It would be amazing live:

Keep on rockin'"

And here is Mike's response:

"Thank you so much for your kind words. And we appreciate all your support! I checked out your song suggestion. No doubt, my band would love playing this one. They love good, challenging, up tempo songs and arrangements. This one would certainly fit the bill. I think I'll begin searching for a band arrangement of Cowboy Bebop as soon as I can. Great suggestion for us!

Thanks again for thinking of us as well as your continued support of the band. We'll be rocking it out Saturday against Charlotte. Should be a great game with a great (sold out) crowd!

Go Bills!

Mike Beczkala

Billiken Band"

What a great response!

My SLU band faves:

Birdland, 26 or 5 to 4, September.

Loved playing Birdland back in the day when (as it was known then) the Jazz Band had each person with a microphone and a sound board mixing the beautiful tunes under the direction of (not yet Doctor) Mike.

Mike seems very cool to me. Showed me the name of one of my faves, "I'm a Man." The band rocks, the cheerleaders and dancers rock, and of course, the team rocks. And tonight, VCU is gonna BE rocked. And no cheese on my pretzel. Down with U Rams! Down with U Rams!