Jerry Sloan

Just a thought... What is he doing right now? Advisory role somewhere? Consulting for the Association? Lets give him a call...

My buddy who's an assistant prosecutor in Mount Vernon, Illinois has beers with him practically every night at a local dive...plays poker with him too. He ain't doin sh!t at the moment except complaining about the wife, drinking, playing cards, and tending to his ranch...

No. He is 70 years old and has never coached at the college level. He is a great NBA coach, but way too old and expensive to bring in here. I'd feel the same way if they brought Larry Brown in here. No reason to bring in guys in their 70s just because they are a 'name'.

No. He is 70 years old and has never coached at the college level. He is a great NBA coach, but way too old and expensive to bring in here. I'd feel the same way if they brought Larry Brown in here. No reason to bring in guys in their 70s just because they are a 'name'.

I did see that SMU is 7-1. Not sure who they have played though.

I did see that SMU is 7-1. Not sure who they have played though.

They have an SOS of over 250. Rider is their best victory (they beat Mo State by 1). The best teams they play all season will likely be So. Miss and Wyoming. They could end up with a gaudy win-loss record.

SMU will be in some sort of recruiting scandal before long with who Larry has as his assistants. If they get local kid Keith Frazier (top 20 national recruit) start replaying the 30 for 30 special on the pony express. I know it was in a separate thread, but I'd vote for/be calling the coach at Lehigh or Wichita State.