Bernie's Bits

Former Billikens basketball player Ryan Luechtefeld and his wife, Alicia, are the proud parents of a baby girl, Madison Kate, who was born April 23. ... Former SLU guard Marque Perry is back in town working out. Perry will attend a Chicago Bulls' NBA camp at the end of June and is scheduled to play for the San Antonio Spurs' summer-league team in July. ...

Official billikens.com sponsor of John Duff

What Bernie didn't say was Marque was at West Pine yesterday, shooting hoops with Kevin. A great advantage that NCarolina, Georgetown, and other name colleges have is that their alumni will show up, practice with, hobnob, and call recruits. I hope Marque and Josh tell Kevin what it is like to feel the love of Billiken fans.

I grew up in Peoria, and everyone wanted to play for Richwoods if they could, at that time. A packed gym with screaming fans means the world for the players, and these days will be back for SLU if we have Polk, Lisch, Lidell, and Meyer walking on the court to play.

"I hope Marque and Josh tell Kevin what it is like to feel the love of Billiken fans."

All the more reason to get that new arena built as soon as possible. The love of billikens fans will look a lot better in a packed house made for the billikens rather than a half-full pro-sports arena. Not to mention the obvious increase in student attendance.

>I grew up in Peoria, and everyone wanted to play for

>Richwoods if they could, at that time. A packed gym with

>screaming fans means the world for the players, and these

>days will be back for SLU if we have Polk, Lisch, Liddell,

>and Meyer walking on the court to play.

Not "if," "when."