Gotta Love Jon Rothstein

BillyKen

Agreed, you have to feel for RM. With all he's been thru here, ie inheriting a team w/ only 2 legit D1 players, Biondi's reneging on flights and travel promises, the situation, his leg and pill problems, this is his team and he really believed he could take them on a long journey come March. I hope he recovers fully and will be on the sidelines next year. I know many of us feel his coaching days are behind him, but no one at SLU has said he's retired.

Are we perpetuating a myth here? larry72 has done this many times but I am not picking on him --- has it ever been proven that Biondi reneged on flights and travel promises? Pardon my age and senility (05!).

Legit D1 players? That's an opinion that I'm not sure I share. Were there more? How about less? How are you using your accounting? Lisch and Liddell? Meyer was legit. Eberhardt likely legit. And if you answer Lisch and Liddell, I think Majerus would counter and even go as high as three -- only they would be Lisch, Meyer and Eckerle. And I don't think you can lump the roster and Biondi rumor statement in with things like the situation, the pils and the leg. What Rick inherited I'll give you, but the rumor aside, the other instances were occurrences based on someone's poor judgment.

So while I too agree with the "bittersweet" stance espoused by Cowboy, it's only because he won't reap the rewards and accolades finishing what he started.