MSOC: SLU vs. UMKC

WUH

SLU defeated UMKC (0-3-0) in the pouring rain. Maglasang, Graydon and Kristo scored in the 3-1 win.

I have never seen so many short corners in a game before. The box score indicates that SLU had 19 corners including 12 in the first half. A particularly clever short corner left UMKC unprepared and gave Maglasang the look he needed from Sweetin.

McGinty continues to experiment with the line-up though the back line of Heskamp, David, Manning and Roeckle seems set. Kristo and later Adnan and Kalil Karl were second half subs for Hidalgo, Sweetin and Maglasang.

Respect to Graydon who answered a few a__hole fans from Kansas City. The answer came on the field with a quality off-balance strike after settling a pass from Adnan. Graydon later asked the fans how they liked his goal while he prepped for a corner.

SLU defeated UMKC (0-3-0) in the pouring rain. Maglasang, Graydon and Kristo scored in the 3-1 win.

I have never seen so many short corners in a game before. The box score indicates that SLU had 19 corners including 12 in the first half. A particularly clever short corner left UMKC unprepared and gave Maglasang the look he needed from Sweetin.

McGinty continues to experiment with the line-up though the back line of Heskamp, David, Manning and Roeckle seems set. Kristo and later Adnan and Kalil Karl were second half subs for Hidalgo, Sweetin and Maglasang.

Respect to Graydon who answered a few a__hole fans from Kansas City. The answer came on the field with a quality off-balance strike after settling a pass from Adnan. Graydon later asked the fans how they liked his goal while he prepped for a corner.

What do you mean answered?

couldn't make this one. Glad to see a decisive win. We took a lot of short corners in the Drake game also. In fact probably 75%. We took some against Indiana also, but I don't remember thinking it was as much. Imo, we failed to deliver the ball to the front of the goal or get a shot off on too many of them. What particularly surprised me against Drake was so many short corners with Kristo, Adnan, Manning, and David all in the game. Seriously, we're that tall ... use it to your advantage.

Overall, though it seems to be a nice start. 2 wins plus a game against a highly ranked Indiana team that easily could have been a win

Imo, we failed to deliver the ball to the front of the goal or get a shot off on too many of them. What particularly surprised me against Drake was so many short corners with Kristo, Adnan, Manning, and David all in the game. Seriously, we're that tall ... use it to your advantage.

Besides the gimmicky player reversal short corner and one direct kick from Sweetin, the team did not have a particularly good night on set plays.

Louisville should be fun, though looking at their record, they have a 0-3 loss to Maryland and a 3-1 win over a mediocre Belmont from the OVC. The game on Tuesday may be closer to a must win than potential signature victory.