Top 25--3/12/12

The Wiz

Wiz,

For fun I filled out one of my two brackets using your to 25 as gospel. I picked the higher rated team every time except twice. I picked the Bills over Memphis for obvious reasons, and I picked Wisc. over Syracuse because Wisc. was only one spot below Sycr and I figured the Cuse would drop at least two spots with the lost of Melo. When neither team was in your Top 25, I chose the higher seeded team. This left me with a Final Four of Carolina, Mich. St., Kent & Ohio State. The Buckeyes beat the Wildcats in championship game.

I'll let you know if I win my league.

I made that same change...Wisc over Syr. Usually a player going down will not make a big difference ...as in Syr first 2 games....Asheville and K St. ...but against Wisc the Fab would have made a difference. Other changes I made ...I have the Bills over Mem (the RM factor in a close game) but I have them going down against MSU...but even that game will be close ...MSU by 6 at this point...plus short preparation time ...plus RM's record isn't as good in the second game of the Dance. And finally Izzo is a better coach then the Memphis kid. My upset pick was Lville going all the way. They are a momentum team. Their numbers in the 2nd half are completely different than the first half of the season. Using the hot second half of the season numbers, I was able because of favorable bracket matchups to project them all the way out. We will see. It definitely is an upset pick.

Other interesting items ...Tex over Cinn ,,,not an upset on my rankings but definitely a bracketbuster. A minor bump is Ala over Creighton. One change you may want to make if you can get to your pool quick in the AM is Tem over USF (Cal lost the play in game). Most bracket pools will still let you make changes till the tourney starts. After the Tem win ...I have Mich over Tem. Another bracketbuster I have is NC St over SD St. This one is close but I think NC St is the better team. My last buster is Purdue over St. Mary's. St M can not match Purdue either in schedule or conference strength..

Poor Belmont...a very good team that was way underseeded and got a bad draw in Gtown. They may have been able to do some damage had they received a 6 or 7 seed but this will not be their year..

Good luck to everyone in their pools.

Go Bills

Wiz,

For fun I filled out one of my two brackets using your to 25 as gospel. I picked the higher rated team every time except twice. I picked the Bills over Memphis for obvious reasons, and I picked Wisc. over Syracuse because Wisc. was only one spot below Sycr and I figured the Cuse would drop at least two spots with the lost of Melo. When neither team was in your Top 25, I chose the higher seeded team. This left me with a Final Four of Carolina, Mich. St., Kent & Ohio State. The Buckeyes beat the Wildcats in championship game.

I'll let you know if I win my league.

I made that same change...Wisc over Syr. Usually a player going down will not make a big difference ...as in Syr first 2 games....Asheville and K St. ...but against Wisc the Fab would have made a difference. Other changes I made ...I have the Bills over Mem (the RM factor in a close game) but I have them going down against MSU...but even that game will be close ...MSU by 6 at this point...plus short preparation time ...plus RM's record isn't as good in the second game of the Dance. And finally Izzo is a better coach then the Memphis kid. My upset pick was Lville going all the way. They are a momentum team. Their numbers in the 2nd half are completely different than the first half of the season. Using the hot second half of the season numbers, I was able because of favorable bracket matchups to project them all the way out. We will see. It definitely is an upset pick.

Other interesting items ...Tex over Cinn ,,,not an upset on my rankings but definitely a bracketbuster. A minor bump is Ala over Creighton. One change you may want to make if you can get to your pool quick in the AM is Tem over USF (Cal lost the play in game). Most bracket pools will still let you make changes till the tourney starts. After the Tem win ...I have Mich over Tem. Another bracketbuster I have is NC St over SD St. This one is close but I think NC St is the better team. My last buster is Purdue over St. Mary's. St M can not match Purdue either in schedule or conference strength..

Poor Belmont...a very good team that was way underseeded and got a bad draw in Gtown. They may have been able to do some damage had they received a 6 or 7 seed but this will not be their year..

Good luck to everyone in their pools.

Go Bills

Just an FYI to anyone interested in the Wiz's ratings. I am currently sitting at the 96th percentile using the Wiz's Top 25 as my guide. Not bad

Just an FYI to anyone interested in the Wiz's ratings. I am currently sitting at the 96th percentile using the Wiz's Top 25 as my guide. Not bad

Grats to you BRM...you'll have to buy me a drink if you win. The Wisc pick over Syr was the right pick. Those 2 teams are showing even now. I think this will be the first game in the tourney where Fab Melo missing will make a difference. I am surprised that Syr is favored by 4 especially with Fab out ...Vegas is usually closer to me. In my pool they haven't put out the results yet but those running it said I am "up there" I will probably lose to the gal who picks the teams based on mascots. ...lol

Grats to you BRM...you'll have to buy me a drink if you win. The Wisc pick over Syr was the right pick. Those 2 teams are showing even now. I think this will be the first game in the tourney where Fab Melo missing will make a difference. I am surprised that Syr is favored by 4 especially with Fab out ...Vegas is usually closer to me. In my pool they haven't put out the results yet but those running it said I am "up there" I will probably lose to the gal who picks the teams based on mascots. ...lol

Wiz, just curious, do you do any betting yourself?

For those that are interested (I know BRM is) we got our office pool results today. I was tied for 1st with 2 others (out of 101 entries) And out of the top 16 there is only 1 other entry besides myself that has its Final Four still intact. It should get interesting from here as I varied a bit from the program by taking Louisville to win it all. I did this for 2 reasons. One is that Louisville had the best second half numbers. The other reason was to differentiate myself from the other pool entries. I figured most would take Ky or Kan (which they did) and the risk return ratio was better with Lville. The only problem I have now is all these Ky people want to take a side bet with me straight up.

Well if I don't win maybe BRM will win his pool as it sounds like he is staying the course.

For those that are interested (I know BRM is) we got our office pool results today. I was tied for 1st with 2 others (out of 101 entries) And out of the top 16 there is only 1 other entry besides myself that has its Final Four still intact. It should get interesting from here as I varied a bit from the program by taking Louisville to win it all. I did this for 2 reasons. One is that Louisville had the best second half numbers. The other reason was to differentiate myself from the other pool entries. I figured most would take Ky or Kan (which they did) and the risk return ratio was better with Lville. The only problem I have now is all these Ky people want to take a side bet with me straight up.

Well if I don't win maybe BRM will win his pool as it sounds like he is staying the course.

Nice job, Wiz! I also like the Louisville pick based on positive EV. I did the same thing by picking against Mizzou in both of my brackets. Being from Columbia, you can understand that probably half of the entries had Mizzou winning it all. I thought it was a postive EV play to pick against them (and as it turns out I should have done it even earlier).