Tarheel Billiken's responsible for today

slu72

Ok, Big Al, this one's all on you. I gave it my best shot on Wednesday but failed. Now it's your turn. Last night I was tempted to head on up to Charlotte, but that was quickly nixed by the little woman, so you'll be flying solo.

Aw, Larry...1) Call up your Latvian cabdriver 2) Have him 'splain the situation to the little woman --he's obviously quite persuasive 3) Get on up there and help out Tarheel . We need to get back on a roll !

More than a 3rd of the seats were empty, but the students are still on break, I believe. The most expensive seats they have are $25. That's what I got, and I was in the upper deck!

The seats behind the announcers were all for students, apparently; many of who I noticed screaming at Majerus from about 10 feet away.

I agree it is a regional school, and out of place in the A-10, but... they had 10 to 15 NCAA banners hanging up, 4 from the 2000's, and 1 Final 4 banner. I think their players had more tattoos than ours.

More than a 3rd of the seats were empty, but the students are still on break, I believe. The most expensive seats they have are $25. That's what I got, and I was in the upper deck!

The seats behind the announcers were all for students, apparently; many of who I noticed screaming at Majerus from about 10 feet away.

I agree it is a regional school, and out of place in the A-10, but... they had 10 to 15 NCAA banners hanging up, 4 from the 2000's, and 1 Final 4 banner. I think their players had more tattoos than ours.

Long gone are the days Joby Thomas would throw in 3s from the upper deck, DeMarco slashing to the bucket or Diego Guevera blowing kisses. Attendance at the old Halton has suffered since the Niners have left the CUSA. David, this allows us to get great seats from the student scalpers cheaply just outside rather then the peanut heaven seats the SLU Alumni Website or the the Halton box office will sell you.

Also, sitting with the Niner fans (if you don't mind being asked what is a Billiken a million times) you will get a very interesting perspective on how depressed they are about the program and how they unanimously loathe being in the A10. Believe me, MB 73 is mild compared these fans on the subject of the A10. Well, 2012 is the inaugural season of the Niner football program. My bet is by 2015 or 16 they will be back in CUSA. It is a better fit for them being with other large public urban universities like UAB, Memphis, Houston, etc..