The next 15 game will tell us who we are!

All this doom and gloom over losing to Dayton on the road to start the A-10 season is ridiculous. Did we play like crap tonight? You bet. However....all is not lost...

We have some things to fix and we need to get that confidence back on the outside shooting. The last two road games, we are something like 15% from 3...that's not good. At the same time, we found other ways to score and were in both games till the end.

Mitchell is not playing well. I think he's feeling the pressure of trying to get back to the old Mitchell. I'd like to see Majerus do what he did with him earlier in the year...and that's sit on the bench when he's forcing shots.

MM played well and should see more minutes. He is very quick and he made a few 3 balls, as well as narrowly missed a few more...his shot looks good.

KC is an enigma. He passes well, but he over passes when he needs to be more aggressive. He NEEDS TO SHOOT THE BALL. I know that Majerus has publicly stated Kyle needs to shoot more, so I hope he's barking at him constantly when we aren't listening. He might be our best pure jump shooter. And without a true 5, we are going to need to rely heavily on outside shooting. Kyle needs to get open, take the open looks he has, and create shots for himself. This is a MUST if we are going to go where we want to go.

CE is eating too much pizza and practicing the horizontal with his gf too much. He looks a step slower and a little less confident in just about everything he's doing. He needs to rededicate himself to the outside shot and get that going...especially the next two games. Kudos on the 3 to get us to OT though...the bank is open on Wednesdays.

Evans is playing well. I thought those walks were BS, and I liked that he was calling for the ball down low. We need to keep him very involved. He's prob our best athlete. No more 3s for you though buddy.

Jett is also playing pretty well and hustling all over the place. When he gets to the basket, he's does well. We need to get him slashing to the basket more often.

RL has picked up his D nicely. He still looks like a goof down low. He made a 3 tonight but that's about the only shot he's made in the last two games. We have to get him going early...

15 games is nearly 1/2 a season. We know that going through conference with 1 or 2 losses was going to be hard to do. My target to get an at large is 12-4. We need to beat GW and Temple the next two games and then win on the road against the bottom of the A-10. We need to at least go 1-1 against Dayton, 1-1 against X and 1-1 against Temple and only slip up one more time against a mid or top team....

The title of this thread is funny ... we could also say something like "the season wil tell us who we are" and still be right. Only I'd have to say it so Bonowich or kshoe could take me to the woodshed for saying so.

Good thing it's a long year in any case .....

Not a bad analysis, except for CE. I don't think his play has trailed off at all, save for his 3pt shooting. We didn't lose much with him inside last night. I said it before, for this team to be successful we have to see development from RL and CR. I've about written CR off as he's not fulfilled any of the promise he was showing in the latter games of his FR year. He's regressed. I don't see right now why JM wouldn't start to take some or all of his minutes since interior D is supposed to be his calling card. We're getting killed on dribble drives to the hoop and racking up fouls to prevent easy scores, or, like last night, we double up on the PG and they pass to a wide open 3 shooter like Fabio. Still, take heart, we've not played our last 2 games like we did in Anaheim yet have still managed to be in both games right up until the final buzzer. Every team seems to have a stumble and fumble period during the year. Hopefully, we've seen ours and it ends on Wednesday night. And while we may all be gloating over X's woes, don't discount them or think they won't suddenly wake TFU and rip off about 13 or 14 Ws in a row. Last night's A-10 action showed me this team has at least 10 teams that on any given night can give you a good mugging.

These posts on we are not lost are getting a little too common. As each game passes that is one more where we take a step back in line to buy dance tickets. What has happened to the team that played so well in CA. It looks like there has been regression and Rick has got to fix it.

"We need to at least go 1-1 against Dayton, 1-1 against X and 1-1 against Temple and only slip up one more time against a mid or top team.... "

Fortunately for us, we only play Temple once, and it's a home game. However, @ LaSalle could be tough. I still think 14-2 is do-able, with a fall back of 13-3.