The Art of Scheduling

I noticed several on this board say, this was a very dumb move by the AD to schedule this game so close to a 3 game holiday tournament.

I had to laugh, I was watching the Tenn-Oakland game Monday night that was taking place in Rochester, MI and the announcer kept quoting Cuonzo Martin "why am I here, I gain nothing by this". Tenn took it on the chin in a band box gym that was a zoo. Romer said to the press here prior to our game, "I am only here for Suggs, you won't catch me here again" Look at the past OOC schedules of Connecticut and Syracuse. Other then a holiday tourney to the Islands or to Maui, it is all 225+ rpi schools and only at home. They can get away with with such strong conference schedule. BE had 11 in the Dance last year.

The problem we have is we find it unbelievable hard to bring in 150+ rpi team or a BCS school into our gym. We will get LMU at home next year. Ideally was to go home after the tourney and bring in TX So or a Alabama State Wednesday or Thursday night and go back out to the west coast after exams to play LMU. We don't have that kind of cash and with Larry reneging on charters, it puts a real strain on the team. So we had no choice.

I have to hand to X (Purdue, Vandy and Zags) & Temple (Duke & Purdue), they, year after year, are able to bring in top shelve competition.

Winning is so important and getting that top 50+ RPI for not only recruiting but for scheduling. Hopefully we turn that corner this year to make attractive for more of the better teams to come into the Chaifetz rather then all these buy games and the D2 game over December.