Questions for the Board

I hope I'd be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a large contingent of ND fans for a game at Chaifetz. I think it would make sense for ND to play an occasional game in StL. It's an easy trip and area where they can get players from time to time. Didn't Hansbrough's brother go to ND? It wouldn't have to happen every year, but a home & home every few years wouldn't be a bad idea. I guess the Big East has been such a meat grinder that none of those teams are too eager to play non-conference road games.

I see your point, but large contingent ≠ half the crowd. I think it would be more likely that we'd see crowd composition comparable to Mo. State or SMU games.

...and when history showed SLU invented the forward pass they immediately took umbrage.

History showed that SLU used the first legal forward pass after Roosevelt called in a host of college presidents and said they had to make the game more safe and the rules were subsequently changed. Princeton, Columbia, Yale and among others all lay claim to inventing the forward pass.

I see your point, but large contingent ≠ half the crowd. I think it would be more likely that we'd see crowd composition comparable to Mo. State or SMU games.

I already stated that I was exaggerating a bit. I think it could be a little bigger crowd than Southwest Mo due to the rare nature of the game. Do you mean SIU?

I think I hear Metz furiously typing a response to this one...or has he already used up his 5 posts today?

+1.

Though I enjoyed my trip with Metz on the SLU chartered student bus to Ft. Wayne, complete with MD 20/20, I could care less if we play Notre Dame ever again.