OT: Don Biondi declares war on Del Taco spaceship building

jjray

Why are the students fighting this? Because they love Del Taco or the building?

Students generally crack me up about this stuff. They did when I was a student and they still do now. If it's a great eating establishment or campus bar with some long history for the students then maybe, but for Del Taco? Or because it's an old saucer shaped business? Give me a break.

For the record: no one is complaining about the loss of Del Taco, which is out of business either way, just the unique building.

For the record: no one is complaining about the loss of Del Taco, which is out of business either way, just the unique building.

Well, I certainly will miss Taco Tuesdays. I legitimately enjoyed going to Del Taco with somewhat regularity during my days at SLU.

I would protest the loss of Naugles, but Del Taco? Good riddance!

And students care that much about this particular unique building? Or, is cool to just on the bandwagon and protest. A lot of students protest for no other reason than it's fun.

As for Father Biondi's letter, I think it, too, exaggerates or misdirects on a couple of points.

I would respectfully submit that 1) any and all traffic issues there are directly related to the deathtrap design of the intersection, which the University has, to my knowledge, never demanded be improved; 2) ins and outs from Reinert have generated many times traffic issues than Del Taco.

so your not going to debate the fact that the del taco is a center for crime? that corner needs to be cleaned up somehow and soon.

And as a student i have talked with alotta people that are at SLU this summer. not one person has been upset that del taco is gone.

So the design and physical position of the building is the reason there's so much crime there?

And what percentage of the overall student body is on campus during the summer, and how many of them could be described as "student leaders"?