While FEMA is in town

Looking at Sunset Hills they should be also looking at the disaster at the Chaifetz. Coach Majerus has stated on many occasions, and not just this year, "You are who you are". Triangle finds this position totally objectionable and insulting. Things have too change. There is NO progression, only regression. Lack of on court leadership with the loss of Mitchell should have been an opportunity for someone too step up (Cassity?), it has not happened. Failure by the coaching staff too make in game changes and too try things outside the box of their traditional career and Billiken coaching ways is perplexing. Shooting percentages, well they just suck - Free Throws, Jesus, just unbelievable, again perplexing. The concentration levels of our players seem too disappear during stretches. The coaching staff needs too start mixing things up, it might wake up the players and the fans during these stretches and the game. Now listen up, use both Conklin and Loe playing a high low with Ellis at the 3. Use Cassity as the point with the McCall/Jett combo at the 2. Zone once in awhile too give a new look on defense. You don't have too start a game like this but switch things up, liven things up, mess with the other teams' mind a little. Things need too change, is our coaching staff willing too change? Triangle thinks NOT, they have accepted the fact that this is lost year.

so it goes.

PS You can't compare teams, unless your playing that team - way too many variables.

Looking at Sunset Hills they should be also looking at the disaster at the Chaifetz. Coach Majerus has stated on many occasions, and not just this year, "You are who you are". Triangle finds this position totally objectionable and insulting. Things have too change. There is NO progression, only regression. Lack of on court leadership with the loss of Mitchell should have been an opportunity for someone too step up (Cassity?), it has not happened. Failure by the coaching staff too make in game changes and too try things outside the box of their traditional career and Billiken coaching ways is perplexing. Shooting percentages, well they just suck - Free Throws, Jesus, just unbelievable, again perplexing. The concentration levels of our players seem too disappear during stretches. The coaching staff needs too start mixing things up, it might wake up the players and the fans during these stretches and the game. Now listen up, use both Conklin and Loe playing a high low with Ellis at the 3. Use Cassity as the point with the McCall/Jett combo at the 2. Zone once in awhile too give a new look on defense. You don't have too start a game like this but switch things up, liven things up, mess with the other teams' mind a little. Things need too change, is our coaching staff willing too change? Triangle thinks NOT, they have accepted the fact that this is lost year.

so it goes.

PS You can't compare teams, unless your playing that team - way too many variables.

never thought i would ever be saying this and hopefully this doesnt cause some sort of biblical reaction, but too, that is a very very good post.

Thank you very much. Maybe us of past differences should go too Congress and get things straightened out.

Here is another thing that just gripes Too's ass. Get rid of that crap where the center comes out way above the key on defense too try and trap someone? - leaves the lane wide open and constantly causes irregular heart beats in Triangle's chest. Our centers are not athletic enough too get back. Stay back and guard the lane!

Question? Evidently Mitchell has been reinstated too the university as a "student" and practiced with the team tooday. BUT, since he was expelled from the university the NCAA will be treating him as a returning or new "student" and he must go through the dreaded "clearing house" procedure too determine his eligibilty as an "athlete". Is he allowed too practice with the team? Can someone help with what this might mean? It may be irrelevant with probably being redshirted.

so it goes.

so it goes.

I think RM is building his system. This is pretty much a lost season, so getting ready for next year is probably the best plan. I was critical of RM in his first year because I didn't think his strategy played to the strengths of Lisch and Liddell. However, RM is who he is. Hhe's building his system with a young group, and he's been pretty successful in his career. Let's see if he can get us out of SLU's almost perpetual black hole next year.

I think RM is building his system. This is pretty much a lost season, so getting ready for next year is probably the best plan. I was critical of RM in his first year because I didn't think his strategy played to the strengths of Lisch and Liddell. However, RM is who he is. Hhe's building his system with a young group, and he's been pretty successful in his career. Let's see if he can get us out of SLU's almost perpetual black hole next year.

I am upset if this is the case. We have one game under out belt in conference play. We have all of our conference play and the A10 tournament. If RM or any of his coaches are throwing in the towel, it doesn't say much for them. They should still be playing and coaching for post season play. Even if it's not a possibility that is what they should be playing for.

That has always been my biggest issue with RM. He seems to focus so much on building for the future, that there isn't as much focus on winning now. Coaches are paid to win. If that means playing with the talent you have and changing things up, so be it. A future HOF Coach should be able to balance building for the future and playing to win now.

The problem I have with always planning for the future is that things happen and that is what we are dealing with now.

That was one of the issues I had with RM running a guy like MR off. We are not Duke and new players aren't flocking to come to SLU, so you can't always fall back on next year's players that are a little more ideal for your system. You have to win with the hand you are either dealt or the hand you chose to play with.