TV Deal

I thought I remembered reading (maybe even on here) that SLU basketball couldn't be on Fox Midwest because of the A10 TV deal. Today I just read that several Dayton games are being picked up by Fox Sports Ohio.

Does anyone have any details on our TV situation? Thanks.

I don't know what our deal is, but Xavier games air on FSN Ohio as well.

I thought I remembered reading (maybe even on here) that SLU basketball couldn't be on Fox Midwest because of the A10 TV deal. Today I just read that several Dayton games are being picked up by Fox Sports Ohio.

Does anyone have any details on our TV situation? Thanks.

I believe that the old t.v. contract gave CBS the rights to games that they were only willing to release if they were purchased by outlets that wanted to air them. Since Billiken games aren't exactly ratings windfalls, FSMW and others didn't bite and our games were off the air. Xavier and Dayton games, which draw a larger audience, were still purchased by their FS stations and have been on those channels for quite a few years.

I don't believe our current t.v. contract has these buyout costs but there is still the expense of producing games which causes many of our games, especially out of town ones, to not be on t.v.

There are many things to be disapointed with over the last 10 years of SLU basketball (the absense from the NCAA tournament being a prime example) but our generaly absense from t.v. is certainly at or near the top of the list.

I believe that the old t.v. contract gave CBS the rights to games that they were only willing to release if they were purchased by outlets that wanted to air them. Since Billiken games aren't exactly ratings windfalls, FSMW and others didn't bite and our games were off the air. Xavier and Dayton games, which draw a larger audience, were still purchased by their FS stations and have been on those channels for quite a few years.

I don't believe our current t.v. contract has these buyout costs but there is still the expense of producing games which causes many of our games, especially out of town ones, to not be on t.v.

There are many things to be disapointed with over the last 10 years of SLU basketball (the absense from the NCAA tournament being a prime example) but our generaly absense from t.v. is certainly at or near the top of the list.

Thanks for the update. I agree that this is a major disappointment. I don't expect SLU basketball to bump the Blues, but it would be nice to have more of the games on the air the across the FSMW viewing region the way they used to be. We got the arena built, but still don't have the funding to be the top 50 program that Biondi said he wanted us to be.