SLU Alumni vs. Dayton

To all young alums, or those who still wish they were young alums, I have a proposition for you. Since no one is seriously expecting much of a student section tomorrow night at the Dayton game, I urge you all to consider STANDING and CHEERING in the student section. I have stood in the student section once since I graduated 3 years ago (this year at the Jacksonville game), and I can tell you it is a great time.

Jay Bilas just wrote an article on espn.com http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog?name=bilas_jay&id=5975584 the second to last section of the article he talks about how since the Mich St. students were gone for break, alums come back and fill the student section. I know we're not MSU (far from it), but we can at least make an attempt at it.

Besides, the last thing we want to see is Dayton fans starting to take over our own student section. We all know they will be out in force.

If you're interested in a cheaper ticket and some food before the game, check this out: http://alumni.slu.edu/s/1264/index.aspx?sid=1264&gid=1&pgid=1174&cid=2062&ecid=2062&crid=0&calpgid=61&calcid=1280

Go Bills!

Will we be allowed in the student section with a ticket from another section? I have season tickets on the other side of the Chaif, but wouldn't mind standing in there tomorrow night...I'd rather spend the $10 on cold bevvies when I already have a ticket.

To all young alums, or those who still wish they were young alums, I have a proposition for you. Since no one is seriously expecting much of a student section tomorrow night at the Dayton game, I urge you all to consider STANDING and CHEERING in the student section. I have stood in the student section once since I graduated 3 years ago (this year at the Jacksonville game), and I can tell you it is a great time.

Jay Bilas just wrote an article on espn.com http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog?name=bilas_jay&id=5975584 the second to last section of the article he talks about how since the Mich St. students were gone for break, alums come back and fill the student section. I know we're not MSU (far from it), but we can at least make an attempt at it.

Besides, the last thing we want to see is Dayton fans starting to take over our own student section. We all know they will be out in force.

If you're interested in a cheaper ticket and some food before the game, check this out: http://alumni.slu.edu/s/1264/index.aspx?sid=1264&gid=1&pgid=1174&cid=2062&ecid=2062&crid=0&calpgid=61&calcid=1280

Go Bills!

Great post, Spartan. I think it would be fitting, since over half of our band is made up of alumni. Never graduate, says ESPNU.

Will we be allowed in the student section with a ticket from another section? I have season tickets on the other side of the Chaif, but wouldn't mind standing in there tomorrow night...I'd rather spend the $10 on cold bevvies when I already have a ticket.

Yes, 100% you will be allowed. There is usually a Chaifetz employee that stands near the entrance to the student section but never checks anyones' tickets. And I completely agree with you on $10 to be spent towards cold beverages if you already have a ticket.

Great post, Spartan. I think it would be fitting, since over half of our band is made up of alumni. Never graduate, says ESPNU.

Agreed. It's fun to be in the student section, even as an alumnus. For you fellow alumni on the board in the stl area, it should be a good time.

Agreed, Spartan. slubilliken09 and I are both alums (me '08 and him '09) and we stand in the student section every game. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else for a Bills game, since anywhere else I'd get nasty looks if I stood up and cheered. Also, they most definitely do not check tickets to the student section. My season tickets are for 219, and I've never had to show mine.

Any and all alums should be down front in the student section to give Dayton hell. It's going to be a fun game (I hope...)

Agreed, Spartan. slubilliken09 and I are both alums (me '08 and him '09) and we stand in the student section every game. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else for a Bills game, since anywhere else I'd get nasty looks if I stood up and cheered. Also, they most definitely do not check tickets to the student section. My season tickets are for 219, and I've never had to show mine.

Any and all alums should be down front in the student section to give Dayton hell. It's going to be a fun game (I hope...)

Don't forget your watermelons.

Posted Image

Billiken Club Board members stepped up and purchased tickets to the student section for tomorrow evening's game. I gave the one's I bought to co-workers and friends, with the caveat they had to wear blue. I'd expect the student section to be, at least, partially filled by these folks. I believe nearly all of the 650 seats were purchased.

Billiken Club Board members stepped up and purchased tickets to the student section for tomorrow evening's game. I gave the one's I bought to co-workers and friends, with the caveat they had to wear blue. I'd expect the student section to be, at least, partially filled by these folks. I believe nearly all of the 650 seats were purchased.

+650

THANKS!