Sixty-Eight Predictions Entering the New College Hoops Season

We beat Richmond last year w/o WR, but had KM. We lost to Mo. St. w/o KM but with WR. I think those two games speak volumes as to who we'll miss the most, and we lucked out, he's coming back.

The difference is that last year Mike McCall and Jordair Jett were still in high school. While they lack experience, they can do the job, whereas last year there was no one to replace Mitchell for the Missouri State game. I believe the loss of Reed hurts slightly more than the loss of Mitchell.

The difference is that last year Mike McCall and Jordair Jett were still in high school. While they lack experience, they can do the job, whereas last year there was no one to replace Mitchell for the Missouri State game. I believe the loss of Reed hurts slightly more than the loss of Mitchell.

These people who are talking about us not missing WR as much as we will miss KM will find out how wrong they are very soon. The guys who were predicting we were going to the NCAA tournament simply because Loe committed now know they overrated his talent level as an early season freshman. He will probably develop into a very good player before the season is over but, I think broy is wrong in thinking he will have as much of a positive impact as did WR in his freshman season. RM may have to put a bigger emphasis on offense than defense simply to fit the strong points of the players he has.

These people who are talking about us not missing WR as much as we will miss KM will find out how wrong they are very soon. The guys who were predicting we were going to the NCAA tournament simply because Loe committed now know they overrated his talent level as an early season freshman. He will probably develop into a very good player before the season is over but, I think broy is wrong in thinking he will have as much of a positive impact as did WR in his freshman season. RM may have to put a bigger emphasis on offense than defense simply to fit the strong points of the players he has.

Why does it matter who we miss more? It's not like there is a choice. The only choice is whether or not KM redshirts, IF he returns.

As for how to replace the production, it won't be easy but that's what the coaching staff gets paid for...I'd love to hear Majerus field your 'put a bigger emphasis on offense' question...please ask next time you see him.

As much as I love seeing 5 players on the floor who can both pass and knock down open shots, the right way to develop this team is to reward defensive intensity with more playing time.

You think people were predicting us to go to the NCAA simply because of Loe's committment? I'd say an entire team of returning contributing players had a little more to do with people's optimism wouldn't you?

You think people were predicting us to go to the NCAA simply because of Loe's committment? I'd say an entire team of returning contributing players had a little more to do with people's optimism wouldn't you?

No! There were comments that because we got RL we were definitely going to the NCAA tournament; because he was 6'11" and had played against some of the best competition in the world and had outscored CE in the 18 and under tournament.

Why does it matter who we miss more? It's not like there is a choice. The only choice is whether or not KM redshirts, IF he returns.

As for how to replace the production, it won't be easy but that's what the coaching staff gets paid for...I'd love to hear Majerus field your 'put a bigger emphasis on offense' question...please ask next time you see him.

As much as I love seeing 5 players on the floor who can both pass and knock down open shots, the right way to develop this team is to reward defensive intensity with more playing time.

If he wants this team to be successful with CE and RL on the floor at any time this year, he had better put an emphasis on offense because he won't get the defense he demands. IMO. Add the other freshmen and the defense will take a while to reach the level of RM's liking.

No! There were comments that because we got RL we were definitely going to the NCAA tournament; because he was 6'11" and had played against some of the best competition in the world and had outscored CE in the 18 and under tournament.

Go ahead and find the post(s) that said we are definitely going to the NCAA tourney because RL was added. I'm sure there are plenty of posts that pointed out how well he did in the intl tournaments and plenty of posts that suggested we improved our chances at the NCAA with his arrival (which we certainly did improve the chances) but I don't believe there was a single post that said we are going simply because of his committment.