Not giving SLU another dime

SLUDrew

Granted, losing the $2500 I shell out for season tickets every year won't exactly bankrupt a University which boasts a $900 million dollar enrollment, but there is no other avenue available to those who would like to protest this decision. We could write to May and Biondi but they had nothing to do with it.

Biondi had nothing to do with it??

Maybe I misunderstood the process but I was/am under the belief that a panel of professors heard this case and the decision of this panel is considered final. At what point in the process would Biondi have gotten involved? In the appeal process?

Why has SLU at least not layed out the process the boys went through?

Maybe I misunderstood the process but I was/am under the belief that a panel of professors heard this case and the decision of this panel is considered final. At what point in the process would Biondi have gotten involved? In the appeal process?

Why has SLU at least not layed out the process the boys went through?

Other than complete and total incompetence?

The kids broke multiple school rules and might have even done something illegal. Plus the whole mess went public. What did you expect the school to do? Nothing...are you kidding me.

You can't punish someone on 'might have'. So, what school rules did they break besides underage drinking??

You can't punish someone on 'might have'. So, what school rules did they break besides underage drinking??

Well underage drinking, drinking in general, opposite sex in dorm, having sex. Yes I agree none of this is big deal and "everyone does it" but since it went public the school had to do something. Plus it is illegal to have sex with an intoxicated person because they cannot legally consent. None of us know what happens really besides the fact that people were drunk and someone had sex with someone. The fact that the girl says she was assaulted and that this whole mess went public the school HAD TO, had to punish those involved. The school has an image to uphold. I dont agree that they withheld it this long (either because both sides have been fighting this and they finally just resolved it, or because the school wanted to sell season tickets, which is my opinion because money rules all.) Other than that I think the school handled this as best they could. Think of it this way. Say you ran a school and this happened. How would you deal with it? Getting kids to enroll is your highest concern. These kids broke rules and made the school look bad. They school had to do what they did.

Well underage drinking, drinking in general, opposite sex in dorm, having sex. Yes I agree none of this is big deal and "everyone does it" but since it went public the school had to do something. Plus it is illegal to have sex with an intoxicated person because they cannot legally consent. None of us know what happens really besides the fact that people were drunk and someone had sex with someone. The fact that the girl says she was assaulted and that this whole mess went public the school HAD TO, had to punish those involved. The school has an image to uphold. I dont agree that they withheld it this long (either because both sides have been fighting this and they finally just resolved it, or because the school wanted to sell season tickets, which is my opinion because money rules all.) Other than that I think the school handled this as best they could. Think of it this way. Say you ran a school and this happened. How would you deal with it? Getting kids to enroll is your highest concern. These kids broke rules and made the school look bad. They school had to do what they did.

If they were drinking, didn't she do something "illegal"? I do agree with those that have pointed out the ridiculous double standard.

Wow. I'm this might take awhile to respond to.

1. You are repeating yourself. Drinking at slu is not against code. They sell beer at games. You can drink on campus if of age. So I'll count underage drinking. Throw out 'drinking in general'..whatever that meant.

2. "opposite sex in dorm" what? It is also not against code to have someone of the opposite sex in your dorm. Having sex could be against code. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. So far you are 2/4.

3. "It is illegal to have sex with an intoxicated person" The players could also claim this. And I should be doing 25-life...

4. "None of us know what happens really besides the fact that people were drunk and someone had sex with someone." Exactly...thats why this is bs. Thanks for ruining your argument.

5. I don't think this would have prevented anyone from wanting to enroll at slu. In fact, if this were swept away, or dealt with immediately after it happened, we wouldn't have to think about it now. This is hurting SLU's rep far more now than it did when this came out. How would I deal with it? I would say, "hey boys, we are getting pressure from a administration/donor that we need to do something about your little situation. you two are going to sit out 4 games. sorry. also, keep it in your pants. thanks."

The kids broke multiple school rules and might have even done something illegal. Plus the whole mess went public. What did you expect the school to do? Nothing...are you kidding me.

No absolutely not.

But the entire process has been cloaked in secrecy. It is now two days before practices begin. The formal announcement is that "they are not enrolled in the university." WTF does that mean? Fox 2 just reports they don't know if there is an appeals process. Who is on the PR staff who can handle this? Does SLU even have a compentent person on PR? Majerus and May are in hiding. No one is out explaining anything. Even those on this board who are connected know who is making the decisions.

Then you get to the "punishment." So, if you are in the camp that believe a sexually assault happened, then you only suspend them for a semester? Real stick to it Catholic principles. KSDK says they can apply to re-enroll in January if they give a full apology. Allow two students who forcably sexually assaulted another back on campus in two months if they say "sorry"? BTW, this would set them up on a tee for a civil suit.

Now you have Willie Reed's dad come out and say WR and KM were railroaded and says will sue the school. SLU says it can't comment at all without breaking Federal Law. Brilliant.

Wow. I'm this might take awhile to respond to.

1. You are repeating yourself. Drinking at slu is not against code. They sell beer at games. You can drink on campus if of age. So I'll count underage drinking. Throw out 'drinking in general'..whatever that meant.

2. "opposite sex in dorm" what? It is also not against code to have someone of the opposite sex in your dorm. Having sex could be against code. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. So far you are 2/4.

3. "It is illegal to have sex with an intoxicated person" The players could also claim this. And I should be doing 25-life...

4. "None of us know what happens really besides the fact that people were drunk and someone had sex with someone." Exactly...thats why this is bs. Thanks for ruining your argument.

5. I don't think this would have prevented anyone from wanting to enroll at slu. In fact, if this were swept away, or dealt with immediately after it happened, we wouldn't have to think about it now. This is hurting SLU's rep far more now than it did when this came out. How would I deal with it? I would say, "hey boys, we are getting pressure from a administration/donor that we need to do something about your little situation. you two are going to sit out 4 games. sorry. also, keep it in your pants. thanks."

I can tell you for 100% fact that its against team rules to drink alcohol or smoke. The opposite sex in dorm Ill clarify. Every school Ive ever been to has had rules against opposite sex in dorms after hrs. During the day you needed to check in with the RD. If SLU is different then I apologize. Again Ill repeat that this only happened because it went public. Maybe a semester is too harsh. We also dont know what facts the school has. Being one that has been involved in a criminal hearing (someone I know was molested and the bastard who did it got off scotch free) it takes A LOT of evidence to convict someone in court. Your argument that youve had sex with a drunk person doesnt change the law. Repeating once more if this wasnt made public the school would have swept it under the rug. Since it went public the school had to cover its ass.

Didn't you talk to the players? Don't you know the facts?

Yes thats great logic. Talking to the players=knowing what the school knows. All the other guys on the team are almost as much in the dark in this as everyone else. KM and WR never once talked about this with the players I know. WR was out for everything anyways. Coaches are definitely not talking about it. Like Ive said this was handled improperly by how long it took for this to happen but I stand by the fact that the school had to punish the kids. Arguing the severity of the punishment is silly especially since no one knows what happened still.

I can tell you for 100% fact that its against team rules to drink alcohol or smoke. The opposite sex in dorm Ill clarify. Every school Ive ever been to has had rules against opposite sex in dorms after hrs. During the day you needed to check in with the RD. If SLU is different then I apologize. Again Ill repeat that this only happened because it went public. Maybe a semester is too harsh. We also dont know what facts the school has. Being one that has been involved in a criminal hearing (someone I know was molested and the bastard who did it got off scotch free) it takes A LOT of evidence to convict someone in court. Your argument that youve had sex with a drunk person doesnt change the law. Repeating once more if this wasnt made public the school would have swept it under the rug. Since it went public the school had to cover its ass.

This isn't about team rules. RM would hand out punishment for team rule violations. The worst slu rules they broke are underage boozing and having sex in campus housing. Even you have admitted that beyond those involved, that is all that is known. Unless they players admitted to something else during the hearing, thats all slu knows as well.

This was made public 6 months ago. SLU didn't have to do anything. It was mostly forgotten. That is why its bizarre they have chosen to handle it this way. It is beginning to make though that someone connected to the university was pushing for a punishment.

If all it takes to get someone suspended is to go to the cops and say "XXXX had sexual relations with me while i was under the influence" then that is really sad.

Oh and theyre pissed about losing KM for the semester.

If that is not the most obvious statement I have ever read on this board.

If Willie and Kwamain do come back they are going to get some serious ###### on the road. I can already hear the Eiffel Tower chants coming from UD Arena.

If that is not the most obvious statement I have ever read on this board.

If Willie and Kwamain do come back they are going to get some serious ###### on the road. I can already hear the Eiffel Tower chants coming from UD Arena.

That was more of being slightly funny by stating the obvious. And to point out that they couldnt care less about WR. Everyone is tired of him. Hes a good player, but very hard to deal with.

Yes thats great logic. Talking to the players=knowing what the school knows. All the other guys on the team are almost as much in the dark in this as everyone else. KM and WR never once talked about this with the players I know. WR was out for everything anyways. Coaches are definitely not talking about it. Like Ive said this was handled improperly by how long it took for this to happen but I stand by the fact that the school had to punish the kids. Arguing the severity of the punishment is silly especially since no one knows what happened still.

Sarcasm.

Based on your posts of the last few days, you essentially proclaimed to know a lot, but now you don't know so much.

Having sex with an intoxicated person is not against the law. (Incoherent yes, just intoxicated, no.)

If both parties are intoxicated, then who committed the crime?

When I lived in Clemens, we had 24 hour visitation rights. A girl could be in your room at anytime.

By the way, what is "scotch free"? If I get to molest someone AND get free scotch, I'm there. :P