OT: anyone got a free ticket for tonight?

DoctorB

I am open and the wife is in Iowa. In exchange for a ticket to the Rams, I will buy you the adult beverage of your choice and fill your ear with all my observations from the many pick up scrimmages over the past few weeks that I've witnessed. I can tell you all kinds of good stuff that has yet to be shared on this board, including about the newbies. In particular I will reveal the real surprise waiting to be unveiled to Bills fans.... hint hint ... any takers?

ps: spare me and don't ask-- will not put any of that stuff out on the board. I just happen to have a free evening and I know some of youse wise guys are going to throw those tickets in the can anyway.

I am open and the wife is in Iowa. In exchange for a ticket to the Rams, I will buy you the adult beverage of your choice and fill your ear with all my observations from the many pick up scrimmages over the past few weeks that I've witnessed. I can tell you all kinds of good stuff that has yet to be shared on this board, including about the newbies. In particular I will reveal the real surprise waiting to be unveiled to Bills fans.... hint hint ... any takers?

ps: spare me and don't ask-- will not put any of that stuff out on the board. I just happen to have a free evening and I know some of youse wise guys are going to throw those tickets in the can anyway.

Doc, did you find a ticket? If so, who on this board gave it to you? We want to be able to bug them to post all the stuff they heard from you. I won't lie, you have my curiosity going about "the real surprise waiting to be unveiled to Bills fans".

What a ******

no ticket, sorry. but I am certainly available later in the year, to all you bankers, attorneys or corporate big wigs out there... (hint hint)

I do not want my buddies on here to think I am a ******--ad hominem arguments being, as they are, so deeply conceived and carried out, as here-- and as you all know it is very important to me that I maintain a solid profile; and so I will dangle one truth that has been a notable omission in the pre-season discussions so far:

One of our freshmen has much in common with a tall, skinny kid I remember coming over from East St. Louis a number of years ago. In fact, in terms of athleticism, all-around skill set, jumping ability, and creating good things on the court-- running, jumping, rebounding, slashing, dashing, jamming, stealing balls, creating havoc, you know all that sort of pesky stuff -- well, this new guy really does resemble Tommie, to me at least, a match-up nightmare if he can defend.

Funny thing is, if we had recruited this guy back when Tommie was a player, we would have all been wetting ourselves. Now, he seems to be the forgotten freshman -- an afterthought in the class.

Another funny thing is that in some ways this guy seems to fit SLU really well, and the team we now have and are building, very very well. And actually, within our system, it is plausible to think that this new guy, should he work hard and define his shot a little bit (like Tommie had to tweak it) -- well, he may supersede Tommie Liddell by the time it is all said and done. OK I'll say it --maybe he'll become better, way better.

Go see the guys play, tell me who is making an instant impact, and talk to some of the juniors, ask them who they seem to be noticing the most, who has them buzzing. I'm not saying he is the BEST freshman, but I do think he will be pretty good right away, and get minutes, and make some stuff happen--and score! I hope so, at least.

And yet -- so little buzz on this board about Dwayne Evans. is it just me, or does anyone else notice this, and wonder if we have gotten spoiled?? What if Evans turns out in 2 or 3 years to be a better basketball player than Tommie -- but with his explosiveness and athleticism???

no ticket, sorry. but I am certainly available later in the year, to all you bankers, attorneys or corporate big wigs out there... (hint hint)

I do not want my buddies on here to think I am a ******--ad hominem arguments being, as they are, so deeply conceived and carried out, as here-- and as you all know it is very important to me that I maintain a solid profile; and so I will dangle one truth that has been a notable omission in the pre-season discussions so far:

One of our freshmen has much in common with a tall, skinny kid I remember coming over from East St. Louis a number of years ago. In fact, in terms of athleticism, all-around skill set, jumping ability, and creating good things on the court-- running, jumping, rebounding, slashing, dashing, jamming, stealing balls, creating havoc, you know all that sort of pesky stuff -- well, this new guy really does resemble Tommie, to me at least, a match-up nightmare if he can defend.

Funny thing is, if we had recruited this guy back when Tommie was a player, we would have all been wetting ourselves. Now, he seems to be the forgotten freshman -- an afterthought in the class.

Another funny thing is that in some ways this guy seems to fit SLU really well, and the team we now have and are building, very very well. And actually, within our system, it is plausible to think that this new guy, should he work hard and define his shot a little bit (like Tommie had to tweak it) -- well, he may supersede Tommie Liddell by the time it is all said and done. OK I'll say it --maybe he'll become better, way better.

Go see the guys play, tell me who is making an instant impact, and talk to some of the juniors, ask them who they seem to be noticing the most, who has them buzzing. I'm not saying he is the BEST freshman, but I do think he will be pretty good right away, and get minutes, and make some stuff happen--and score! I hope so, at least.

And yet -- so little buzz on this board about Dwayne Evans. is it just me, or does anyone else notice this, and wonder if we have gotten spoiled?? What if Evans turns out in 2 or 3 years to be a better basketball player than Tommie -- but with his explosiveness and athleticism???

Doc, sounds great and I hope he turns out just as good as you've predicted.

In relation to where we were as a program six years, we are probably spoiled now. Had we gotten a player like Evans (based on your reports amongst others) then, I'm sure we would have been much more excited. That being said, we were a pack of starving dogs back then, who would get excited over any potential talent that even battered an eye at us. Majerus has changed things.

Thank you, Doc. I love this kind of stuff. Keep it coming.

No real buzz on Evans because he has been billed as a tweener. A 6'4 athletic type who played inside for his HS team. So far in the offseason from reports I've heard here and elsewhere Evans has improved his stock the most. His outside game is better than was previously projected and he may be the most ready of any of the freshman to compete at a high level defensively.

I read everything I possibly could on DE last season. He earned many write-ups in the Illinois High School Basketball press. He is a solid player for sure. He had a few games with some stupid sick numbers--something like 24 points and 24 rebounds--I don't remember exactly, the point is he is a very good recruit for the Bills. Now, the questions were the obvious ones--how exactly does his game fit into the next level (which is not just JUCO, but D1 college of the highest possible level.) If the reports are true--that he is working on improving his mid range jumper and his foot speed, he could become a real good 3 for SLU. 6'4 with a slender build is truly a guard frame in D1. He isn't going to be able to bang with the bigs at this level. BC would shove him into the 5th row and WR would toss his shot to at least that far up into the stands--consistantly. I hope DE develops into a slasher type of 3 that we have all wanted for so long. Again, if Doc's reports have any truth to them at all and his conclusions are anywhere close to accurate--it will definitely be fun to watch. Of course a player like Tommie really stood out for us mostly because of the surrounding cast--now would he still be head and shoulders above? Let's hope DE surpasses Doc's optimistic predictions and becomes something all together different and even better still.