Excellent Article on Xavier

bsheldon

I found this on Yahoo sports.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/A-10-Preview-How-Xavier-basketball-rose-from-hu;_ylt=Ari_8xXemqGI_02F9OWy1UjevbYF?urn=ncaab-265545

They are previewing the A-10 this week with a new article everyday. The first is a brief outline of the history of Xavier's rise to a basketball powerhouse. It would be nice if SLU could get there. It seems we are on the right track now, but only time will tell. The interesting thing to me, and this is no secret, it all started with a committment from the top to grow the program. It has does wonders for the University as a whole as enrollment has more than doubled as the prgram became more successful.

My favorite line of the article is:

Daily said. "Villanova was winning. Marquette was winning. Why couldn't Xavier?"

The same exact principle can apply to SLU. Fingers crossed.

I found this on Yahoo sports.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/A-10-Preview-How-Xavier-basketball-rose-from-hu;_ylt=Ari_8xXemqGI_02F9OWy1UjevbYF?urn=ncaab-265545

They are previewing the A-10 this week with a new article everyday. The first is a brief outline of the history of Xavier's rise to a basketball powerhouse. It would be nice if SLU could get there. It seems we are on the right track now, but only time will tell. The interesting thing to me, and this is no secret, it all started with a committment from the top to grow the program. It has does wonders for the University as a whole as enrollment has more than doubled as the prgram became more successful.

My favorite line of the article is:

Daily said. "Villanova was winning. Marquette was winning. Why couldn't Xavier?"

The same exact principle can apply to SLU. Fingers crossed.

Enjoyed the article. I noted two (2) different things from the article:

1. Chartered Flights -- where have I heard that from before??

2. the same Athletic Director over the last 31 years who hired great coach after great coach. In comparision, we hired Jim Bakken, Debbie Yow, Doug Woolard, Cheryl Levick and now Chris May.

BTW, my favorite Doug Woolard story: sitting at a post-game Tip Off Club event at J Bucks following a game, been there 20 minutes or longer, seated with my group, getting ready to eat the food we ordered, noticed that Doug Woolard had just arrived by himself, he walks through the main door and past several tables of SLU boosters and not one group stopped their conversation or tried to say hello, shake his hand or the like. It was as he was just some ordinary guy off the street!!

2. the same Athletic Director over the last 31 years who hired great coach after great coach. In comparision, we hired Jim Bakken, Debbie Yow, Doug Woolard, Cheryl Levick and now Chris May.

BTW, my favorite Doug Woolard story: sitting at a post-game Tip Off Club event at J Bucks following a game, been there 20 minutes or longer, seated with my group, getting ready to eat the food we ordered, noticed that Doug Woolard had just arrived by himself, he walks through the main door and past several tables of SLU boosters and not one group stopped their conversation or tried to say hello, shake his hand or the like. It was as he was just some ordinary guy off the street!!

He was!!

What do you have against Larry Preo?