Had a chance to talk to R. Majerus

Hello all,

I work in KC, where I cover local sports and college basketball nationally. I talked to Rick last week, and thought I'd share the talk with you all.

Take care and good luck this season,

-ck

http://810whb.com/blog/4126

Sadly, I think RM's right about the tourney someday going total BCS. The bigs don't want to share the spoils in hoops anymore than they do in FB. You do have to wonder where this will leave us in 10 years. Unless the big conferences light the expansion fires again, we're likely going to playing in that 1-AA thing. Fans all over will pitch a fit, but the bigs will get their way in the end.

Thanks for posting. I agree with Rick on everything he talked about in this one, hitting some big gripes with the college game today.

I'm curious as to what you feel the "own issues" the "40 Kansas" teams are dealing with. As a SLU fan watching the rich get richer and do anything they can to quash parity in college athletics, I have a hard time feeling sorry for them.

Good stuff. I actually stumbled across your blog a few days ago while looking for something else, BTW.

KC's sports radio and coverage of college sports blows away STL's. College hoops and football don't get nearly enough coverage here.

Thanks for posting. I agree with Rick on everything he talked about in this one, hitting some big gripes with the college game today.

I'm curious as to what you feel the "own issues" the "40 Kansas" teams are dealing with. As a SLU fan watching the rich get richer and do anything they can to quash parity in college athletics, I have a hard time feeling sorry for them.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the issues are even remotely the same because they aren't. I was just saying that everybody, including the top teams, thinks they have problems, or that the system isn't fair, yadda yadda....

...Besides, it's rough trying to find room for a bench full of Mickie D's or Rivals Top 100s. :lol:

Good stuff. I actually stumbled across your blog a few days ago while looking for something else, BTW.

KC's sports radio and coverage of college sports blows away STL's. College hoops and football don't get nearly enough coverage here.

They have no decent pro teams to report on so it's college or nothing...