Dayton Wins NIT

I am happy for Dayton--mostly for representing the conference very well.

Not to rub salt into any wounds, but we did beat them TWICE this year and finished THREE FREAKING GAMES AHEAD of them in conference.

I assume most of us are over getting totally kicked in the junk by the NIT by now, as no one else posted anything.

I may still be bitter.

The NIT may have gone to "automatic spots for fallen regular season champs" but they had to be salivating at the chance to jump at UNC. Even as a fourth seed, they got their wish bringing them to NYC and even into the final game.

UNC was a bad team this year. From what I saw of Ol' Miss, they exhibited no court smarts and were run-n-gun from the get go. And we all know that URI is an up-tempo team. So Dayton was in its element. London Warren's hootin' and hollerin' at the end was done for the camera in my opinion. Put me on Sportscenter. My point is still "who cares." It was a nice diversion to watch this year because I did follow the two A10 teams. But still, the NIT. The CBI. The college.insider. NIT still says it all -- Not In Tourney. All ---immaterial except as another option for my disposable entertainment dollar and my alternative viewing distraction.

The CBI did what I wanted it to do --- it gave our guys a chance to further play together and develop. It also showed them what is going to hurt and what is expected come playing long into March and April. The next "title" game they make it to will NOT be played in front of 5000 fans. But in the end, did i want to win? Sure but not at the expense of a kid like Jordan or an injury even more severe. We all knew Cody's legs were gone -- gone enough that fatigue causes an ACL tear? Luckily, no. But losing that thing was immaterial -- it served it purpose but we won't see the results for some months.

The NIT may have gone to "automatic spots for fallen regular season champs" but they had to be salivating at the chance to jump at UNC. Even as a fourth seed, they got their wish bringing them to NYC and even into the final game.

UNC was a bad team this year. From what I saw of Ol' Miss, they exhibited no court smarts and were run-n-gun from the get go. And we all know that URI is an up-tempo team. So Dayton was in its element. London Warren's hootin' and hollerin' at the end was done for the camera in my opinion. Put me on Sportscenter. My point is still "who cares." It was a nice diversion to watch this year because I did follow the two A10 teams. But still, the NIT. The CBI. The college.insider. NIT still says it all -- Not In Tourney. All ---immaterial except as another option for my disposable entertainment dollar and my alternative viewing distraction.

The CBI did what I wanted it to do --- it gave our guys a chance to further play together and develop. It also showed them what is going to hurt and what is expected come playing long into March and April. The next "title" game they make it to will NOT be played in front of 5000 fans. But in the end, did i want to win? Sure but not at the expense of a kid like Jordan or an injury even more severe. We all knew Cody's legs were gone -- gone enough that fatigue causes an ACL tear? Luckily, no. But losing that thing was immaterial -- it served it purpose but we won't see the results for some months.

First, the spin; Dayton beating UNC means we beat UNC twice!

Second, playing in the CBI gave our guys a chance to play a few better teams than they played in the OOC schedule. In addition, it allowed them to play teams with a different style and formation. This experience is invaluable, especially for as young and inexperienced these guys are. Also gave the team more time with Cody.

Last, in a completely selfish way, the CBI allowed me to watch our guys play a few more home games. Didn't hurt watching them in HD either when they were away.