Mizzou should write SLU a check

Well, the production company that does Tigers games (Leerfield) should pay the company that produces SLU's games a little something for marketing. I found it rather annoying that, during the second half, Bob Ramsey repeatedly trumpeted the Mizzou broadcast to follow the Billikens game: "For all you Mizzou fans, don't forget that Missouri-Kansas is coming up" &l;paraphrase&r;. I appreciate that KMOX has put SLU ahead of Missouri most of the time this season, but I don't think a member of SLU's broadcast team should be pushing another team. If the games occurred in reverse order, you would not have heard Mike Kelly telling listeners that (for a portion of them) the SLU broadcast would follow the conclusion of the Missouri game. Someone in the KMOX studio would have done it at an opportune time (during a break, not during the play-by-play of the game). Even if the Billikens games are produced exclusively by KMOX or a "sister" company, it should be the studio -- not Bob Ramsey -- that reminds listeners that the Mizzou game follows the SLU game. The way Bob did it makes it seem like SLU fans should have some interest in Missouri (The fact that I DO have interest in Missouri and, in fact, am listening to the broadcast that I had already known would follow the Billikens broadcast is beside the point).

... as folks may be a little tired of these things because the very mention of Mizzou has a tendancy to set things off.

Frankly, thicks, who cares. If anything, this is peripheral to Billiken basketball and might even be the greatest of any kind of stretch possible.

which favors Mizzou over SLU NOW. However if Quin doesn't turn things around soon, this market could easily convert over to SLU. I remember those days when the Rams received scant medial coverage.

Taj, what are you talking about? I understand you're not in St. Louis and may not hear Billiken broadcasts on a regular basis, but I don't understand how this is peripheral to Billiken basketball. It was a Billiken broadcast and involved Bob Ramsey fawning over a Mizzou game during a Billiken game. It's similar to topics we've discussed at length dozens of times in the past.

Looks like cow and Mac answered you for me ..... a commercial, paid for or not, was your subject I think and was probably heard by very few so my question was why bring it up here? It'll turn into the very crap any topic crossing these subject matters turns into. Then others will point out how we on this board want to talk about SPUMAC and on it goes.

IGNORE IT! WHO CARES! Those caps probably imply I'm yelling and I'm really not thicks but when everyone b*tched about a certain joey roaming these boards I said ignore it and move on. No one does with certain subjects .... like anything SPUMAC ... so I say don't bring it up. That's my only point.

And if that wasn't enough ... you recast the bait two more times with your "bumps." That's all.