FT attempt disparity since Rickma ranted about leaving the conference

brianstl

We don't attack the basket

We had 18 shots between Reed, Conklin, CR, and JBT. They are not exactly jump shooters. KM and Jordan both drove to the rim several times today. We got 3 free throws out of that. That is a big total of 3 and two were at the end of the game.

We had 18 shots between Reed, Conklin, CR, and JBT. They are not exactly jump shooters. KM and Jordan both drove to the rim several times today. We got 3 free throws out of that. That is a big total of 3 and two were at the end of the game.

Post play is different than taking the ball to the hole. KM does that well and with some frequency, and I would definitely expect him to draw more fouls, but for whatever reason, that is not the case. In general though we don't have guys beating their men and finishing at the rim, which where most fouls happen.

Post play is different than taking the ball to the hole. KM does that well and with some frequency, and I would definitely expect him to draw more fouls, but for whatever reason, that is not the case. In general though we don't have guys beating their men and finishing at the rim, which where most fouls happen.

I understand post play is different than getting to the rim, but your post play also draws fouls. Except if you are Billikens recently.

I happen to believe a lot of that is because we settle for jump shots but still .....

I happen to believe it is because we suck. We have been out hustled and out played in quite a few games since the holidays. And screw the bull**** about travel and how tough it is on the kids. Plenty of us who are twice as old travel twice as much and put in a lot more hours plus a lot of other responsibilities and we don't have to go on the radio a cry about it. I am just so sick of the direction this whole thing has taken. I feel really sorry for Cody. He has to be wondering what he has gotten himself into.

I happen to believe it is because we suck. We have been out hustled and out played in quite a few games since the holidays. And screw the bull**** about travel and how tough it is on the kids. Plenty of us who are twice as old travel twice as much and put in a lot more hours plus a lot of other responsibilities and we don't have to go on the radio a cry about it. I am just so sick of the direction this whole thing has taken. I feel really sorry for Cody. He has to be wondering what he has gotten himself into.

We were 3-2 on the conferance before today. The two losses were in overtime on the road. One to the team that is in first place in the conference.

Today we got our asses handed to us, but your comments are completely off about this team before today.

I understand post play is different than getting to the rim, but your post play also draws fouls. Except if you are Billikens recently.

Not quite at the same rate... BC is undersized therefore easy to defend w/o fouling. CR can't go left and can be guarded w/o fouling. JS and WR can present match up issues b/c of their quickness down low, but aren't strong enough to get into position where the defender is forced to either foul or give up an easy basket. Frankly I wouldn't hesitate to foul them, as they are both shooting at about a 50% clip from the line. I just don't like insinuating the refs are at fault in something like this when there are so many reasons to believe otherwise.

We were 3-2 on the conferance before today. The two losses were in overtime on the road. One to the team that is in first place in the conference.

Today we got our asses handed to us, but your comments are completely off about this team before today.

I agree. Weve played like crap the last 60 or so minutes, but were coming back home and Im sure the kids will have fun looking at the game tape.

I though Willie and Kwa' played reasonably well today so It will be good to have them back.

The referees were Horrible. We shouldve taken at least 10 more free throws.

Not quite at the same rate... BC is undersized therefore easy to defend w/o fouling. CR can't go left and can be guarded w/o fouling. JS and WR can present match up issues b/c of their quickness down low, but aren't strong enough to get into position where the defender is forced to either foul or give up an easy basket. Frankly I wouldn't hesitate to foul them, as they are both shooting at about a 50% clip from the line. I just don't like insinuating the refs are at fault in something like this when there are so many reasons to believe otherwise.

We actually had several drives to the basket today where they could have called fouls, as well as some interior shots by js and wr.

I am not saying that we should be getting the same amount of attempts as our oppenents, but the disparity has been glaring.

The last half of the GW game was pathetic. Fordham is Fordham. Bowling Green was pathetic. Today's game, as far as I am concerned, was so bad, it negates a lot of previous strong efforts. You cannot tell me that GW, Bowling Green, and Richmond today weren't very bad outcomes. Yeah, we led GW by 13 - we also LOST the game by suffering a complete meltdown.

Settle it down there. I am just as upset about this loss as you but, once again, these are 18-19 year old KIDS. We may have more responsiblities, but let us not act like these kids are just playing a simple game of basketball in the backlot. They all have a lot of pressure and RESPONSIBILITIES on them as they are playing D-1 basketball. The team they play for just built a new arena for them to play in, and they have a fanbase they need to try to satisfy. When they lose like they did today, they have upset fans to deal with.

This will be a GOOD team. Just probably not this year. This is the youngest team in D-1 currently. Currently, they are on target to have a winning season in a tough conference. So how about you cut them a little slack? I am also a season ticket holder. I was pissed watching this game. But I don't think that Cody needs to wonder what he got himself into. That is just silly talk. He is also a freshman and contributed to the loss today. But I also believe he will be responsible for SLU being a great team over the next 2-3 seasons.

And, if you are taking a shot at RM by saying plenty of us have more responsibilities and travel twice as much as him, then I have to laugh at that. RM is responsible for a D-1 men's basketball team. There might be some of us on this board who travel as much as him, but I doubt there are many, if ANY, of us on here that have more responsibilities than he does at this point, at least per his job.

What do the refs care about Majerus' conference comments? He ahs been complimentary about the teams and the play. He is pushing (I believe) some direct opposite buttons about what the real concerns are for this school. He is complaining about travel and time away from home --- not about anything bad in the conference itself. All of us know the geographic concerns. Is the A10 the right conference for us? No. Is the Mo Valley? No.

Willie and John have to all out attack the basket at the rim. The fouls will come. I'm not sure about the results. As someone said, neither shoots well.

On our first play of the night, Willie scored and got fouled. One play, one foul shot. Two the rest of the game and after it was decided? Yes I'm upset but we didn't do anything to take charge of our destiny from any facet of the game. Jordan threw a pass into Smith at his ankles. Salecich repaid the favor near the end. Cody did a two dribble lost out of bound move. Cassity lost a ball between his legs but recovered in time. Who were those guys?