rpi thoughts

yesterday the conference rpi was again back to 6th overall after passing the mountain west again. my guess is that we will end up 7th though as the size of the a-10 will work against us. pac 10 might pass us as well.

slu's rpi and sos have been getting worse. i assume that is because as the season progresses our "buy game" opponents rpi and sos keeps getting worse and is dragging us with them.

realtime rpi now has us with a projected 7-9 conference record. at one time they were projecting 5-11 with no road wins.

temple (9), rhody (14), xu (20), richmond (28), and dayton (32) are our only legit at large teams. at this time charlotte is next at 92. saint louis is 102.

fordham is at 317. only 30 more teams to pass down for worst in the country.

yesterday the conference rpi was again back to 6th overall after passing the mountain west again. my guess is that we will end up 7th though as the size of the a-10 will work against us. pac 10 might pass us as well.

slu's rpi and sos have been getting worse. i assume that is because as the season progresses our "buy game" opponents rpi and sos keeps getting worse and is dragging us with them.

realtime rpi now has us with a projected 7-9 conference record. at one time they were projecting 5-11 with no road wins.

temple (9), rhody (14), xu (20), richmond (28), and dayton (32) are our only legit at large teams. at this time charlotte is next at 92. saint louis is 102.

Hey thats good news. When I looked it up the other day we were at around 110.

I agree with just about everything you say.

I think our RPI is dropping not necessarily because our buy games SOS is decreasing but more because almost all of our non-con opponents are losing most of their games. I believe on a recent Thursday night I saw that Eastern Illinois, SEMO, Belmont, and Bolwing Green (at home to Buffalo) all lost. Additionally, when teams like Nebraska, Iowa State and Georgia start their confrence play and lose a bunch of games it hurts our RPI.

I agree with just about everything you say.

I think our RPI is dropping not necessarily because our buy games SOS is decreasing but more because almost all of our non-con opponents are losing most of their games. I believe on a recent Thursday night I saw that Eastern Illinois, SEMO, Belmont, and Bolwing Green (at home to Buffalo) all lost. Additionally, when teams like Nebraska, Iowa State and Georgia start their confrence play and lose a bunch of games it hurts our RPI.

Beat me to it. That was just this past Thursday. I was about to rummage through my paper stack to confirm that EIEIU was one of the losses.

Beat me to it. That was just this past Thursday. I was about to rummage through my paper stack to confirm that EIEIU was one of the losses.

Looks like another stellar day for the SLU non-con opponents. A quick glance of the scoreboard shows:

SIU: W @ Evansville

Georgia: L @ Miss St.

MSU: L @ Bradley

Belmont: L @ Jacksonville

ND: L @ Cinci

East Ill: L @ Morehead St.

Miss Valley St.: W vs. Alcorn St.

SEMO: L @ East Kent.

UMKC: L @ IPFW

Grand total: 2-7

Real-time RPI has us at 107 before today's games. I'll be curious to look tomorrow to see where we are.