(OT) Speaking of Aussies....St.Mary`s

BLIKNS

Since it seems to be a slow time,and it put OT on the topic.

Has anyone else watched the Gaels this year?? They took 3rd in an holiday tournament(lost to SC),and are now 11-2. They already have beaten Oregon this year.Randy has done such a wonderful job there. Sanham is a force down low.

Was curious and looked at Asst. Coach Harriman`s old school Nova Southeastern(D2 school in Fort Lauderdale),this year they have 5 Aussies on their roster.His has connections for sure.

Just throwing this out there.

Guest BillikenReport

Since it seems to be a slow time,and it put OT on the topic.

Has anyone else watched the Gaels this year?? They took 3rd in an holiday tournament(lost to SC),and are now 11-2. They already have beaten Oregon this year.Randy has done such a wonderful job there. Sanham is a force down low.

Was curious and looked at Asst. Coach Harriman`s old school Nova Southeastern(D2 school in Fort Lauderdale),this year they have 5 Aussies on their roster.His has connections for sure.

Just throwing this out there.

Here's the St. Mary's roster:

http://www.smcgaels.com/SportSelect.dbml?D...mp;SPSID=101618

There are three freshmen from AIS, including one starter.

Has anyone else watched the Gaels this year? They took 3rd in an holiday tournament(lost to SC), and are now 11-2. They already have beaten Oregon this year. Randy has done such a wonderful job there. Sanham is a force down low.

Considering the thrashing Oregon took from Missouri in the Big XII/Pac 10 Challenge and how down the Pac 10 is this year, I don't consider that much of an accomplishment.

Was St. Mary's loss to Southern Cal or South Carolina? I thought I'd seen "USC," which I think of as Southern Cal.

Saw the last few minutes of St. Mary's loss to USC the other day. They have an Aussie freshman guard (Dellavedova) who is averaging 13 ppg. As Nate posted, they also have 2 other freshmen Aussies from the AIS, Jordan Page, and Mitchell Young. Page and Young aren't averaging a ton of points, but I do think I saw the other day that Page scored in double figures in one of their games in the Hawaii tournament.

I never was successful in finding the rankings that had Cody Ellis listed as the #1 power forward and #3 player in his age group in Australia, but from reading some things, I got the idea that Dellevedova was a player considered to be in the top couple of players in the age group along with Ellis.

I did some research on some other Aussie freshmen players in D-1, and aside of Dellavedova, not too many of them are really setting the world on fire. A few other Aussies in addition to the SLU's and the ones at St. Mary's are Brock Motum at Washington State, and Shane Harris-Tunks at Colorado. I think all of these guys played together on that AIS team with Ellis and Salecich.

It was Southern Cal.

Led by tourney MVP and former Charlotte 49er PG Michael Gerrity.

BTW, around these parts (Charlotte, NC), USC is the University of South Carolina and if you live in the Palmetto State, "Carolina" has nothing to do with UNC-Chapel Hill!

Happy Holidays and congrats on getting Cody Ellis cleared by the NCAA!

Led by tourney MVP and former Charlotte 49er PG Michael Gerrity.

BTW, around these parts (Charlotte, NC), USC is the University of South Carolina and if you live in the Palmetto State, "Carolina" has nothing to do with UNC-Chapel Hill!

Happy Holidays and congrats on getting Cody Ellis cleared by the NCAA!

Runner, just curious, I caught the 49ner-Bills game 2 years ago in Charlotte. In the game Gerrity just killed us with his 3's. I thought he was very good, why did he leave? Certainly a loss for Charlotte.

Also, I heard he went to So Cal as a walk-on.